ADVERTISEMENT

I just shake my head in disbelief when I see…..

easychair

UGA LOVER
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
the size of the offensive linemen who have committed to UGA in the 2024 class! It’s just hard to believe that young men who are 16 and 17 years old have grown to the enormous size of 6‘,6“, 6‘,7“, and 6‘8“ and still have such great strength and athleticism. When I was a graduate assistant at UGA during the 1970s, we felt like the players we signed who were 6‘,4” and 6’,5“ were the exceptions to the rule and that surely this trend and such enormous size had probably come to a peak and reached its end with boys of this huge size.

With this year‘s class, I feel the same way that I did back in the 1970s….. how long will this trend of such enormous size continue? As Kirby and CSS have learned, there is an advantage to having offensive linemen with such huge size. If they just fire off the ball, make contact with the defensive lineman, and keep their feet moving, the DL has a very difficult job of disengaging and getting around an offensive lineman of this size to make the tackle.

It reminds me of Craig Hertwig in the 1970s (6’ 8” 275) and what a great advantage his size was back then. Your thoughts? GO DAWGS!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News