ADVERTISEMENT

I really want us to go after a proven 3rd down back...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
but I don't see one I love in the portal yet. I guess Edwards is the best one to fill that role with Paul being a question mark.

Incidentally, I've watched Roderick Robinson play a good bit lately, not just highlights. He does catch the ball a good bit out of the backfield, but my expectations have changed a bit after watching him play. His breakaway speed is probably a little worse than you'd expect. He breaks through to the second level a lot (which is the most important thing to me. The most important trait for a back to have for me, is ro move the chains)... but he gets caught from behind A LOT. IN FACT, when he is ahead of the pack, he often stops because he knows he won't take it to the house and let's the guy chasing him catch up so he can stiff arm him and continue running. I view him more of a battering ram than I previously did. Which is cool.

Catching the ball out of the backfield is important for me because with Washington leaving, I see the offense necessarily changing to account for his absence. I'd like for it not to change too much for the Beck... but se la vi.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News