ADVERTISEMENT

I still dont beleive Alabama is inherently a top 5 job...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
- Does it have a top 5 infrastructure? Yes.

- Is their roster packed to the gills and set up for success into the foreseeable future? Absolutely.

- Are they blueblood? ****ING COBALT

- Are they a top 5 brand? Second to none. Their A is the most recognizable insigna in the sport. UA apparel is the number 1 clothing outfitter in the state. UA's enrollment has increased dramatically and has more applicants from out of state than in the state. The school is actually an academic institution now because of Saban and the program's exposure.

So why do I beleive it's not a top 5 job in spite of the program's status and history? Because unless you are Bear or Saban, it's nearly an impossible task. Stallings doesn't get enough credit for establishing his own legacy. And he barely made it out of the gate before they tried to run him out of town. The fans are stupid, delusional, impatient, and keep impossibly high standards. Calling the job a pressure cooker is soft soaping it. Regular humans aren't cut out for it. Their legends would have been successful world leaders. Extremely unique men. Men so ahead of the curve, that rules had to be constantly made to level the playing field. Without a coaching God at Bama, Auburn, who shares their modestly populated state, has all the juice... and $.

I could go on. But we're seeing something play out that many of you wouldn't have beleived. The top guys in the sport aren't beating down the doors in Tuscaloosa. They're old enough to remember Shula, Dubose, Franchione, Curry, Perkins. The job was so toxic at one point that they hired Mike Price. A guy who had just gone 82-78 at Washington State, and was such a reprobate that he never coached a game because of the culture of tiddies gambling in Tusky.

Unless you don't want your career ruined, or unless you could be a head of state, don't go anywhere near Tuscaloosa.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News