ADVERTISEMENT

I think the BB team is actually at the bottom of the mid tier in the conference. But it's a massive improvement. I've been wondering..

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
If the elevation of the brand profile for the school will play a part in improving talent. Obviously White will have something to do with this, LOL... but go with me here. I'd dismiss it, but this sort of thing has happened a few times with traditional football schools (primarily in the SEC) peaking in brand recognition.

It's way too early to tell with UGA fwiw, so I won't really have an opinion on this for years... but UGA's best run was on an identical arc with Dooley's best run. Florida's best run staggered Meyer's stay at UF perfectly. Bama is now entering a stage where their BB play is consistently outstanding to elite... I don't think it's a coincidence.

We know for a fact that football success brings in more applicants to the school. I have to believe that UGA being the most talked about school right now, WILL HAVE to help elevate the talent on some level. Perhaps the best (initial) financial investment for our BB success, is to keep feeding the football program... and over time, that will make players, and coaches (college, HS and AAU) really entertain the possibilities that they know exist with the local talent base. Because let's be honest. It's a sweet honey hole that no bear has ever snatched for himself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News