ADVERTISEMENT

If FSU is talking about a buyout and the B1G are talking about picking up Oregon, Washington, Cal and Stanford...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
It's looking more and more what it looked like it started to look a few months ago (before the idea of the new playoff was implemented). An eventual superleague with a B1G picking the bones off the PAC 12 and the SEC taking the best of the ACC at some point, whether it's the SEC schools buying FSU, Miami, Clemson and at least another school (maybe Notre Dame, who knows)... and with a conference (the Big 12) picking up everyone else... which could a conglomerate of mid-majors.

One move clearly affects other larger moves and CFB doesn't look like it's headed for a nuclear winter anytime soon. Which leads me to think of how weird it was to put together a playoff model guaranteeing five conference champs. I mean, how much longer are there even going to be 5 conferences? Are we really going to force a situation where an unranked team is seeded higher over a possible #3 team? Were the commiisoners trying to undermine the presidents and AD's? Because this move didn't jibe with the move by the SEC to bring in Oklahoma and Texas at the time.

All this points toward (one way or another) a functioning sanctioning body and a playoff between two super leagues or one massive one and a playoff, then everyone else. I don't think it s a grand design (there are too many in this oligarchy and they have opposing interests, that's clear). I still don't beleive anyone CONTROLS CFB outright, otherwise the cloaked entity (nobody knows who they are. Or at least it's not disclosed) proposing these new rules.

The leadership in the NFL is small and centralized. Everyone knows who the players are and who is pulling the strings. In CFB, it isn't that way. Too many opposing interests with influence. A lot of duplicity. And now we are finally seeing the ones with the big dicks being the chang agents by simply bullying.

For years the confederation of schools tried to play fair but certain entities caused too much gridlock. Now we are just seeing change happen because the big boys are pushing the tectonic plates themsleves. I'm not even sure they know where this is all going, but logic tells me it will be like what it looks like. The two strongest competing entites will pick up land and bodies like conquerors of the past. They don't like each other but going to war won't be good for either, so they become highly competitive trade partners. Two empires, the rest will just be third world entities functioning and trading, with their existence hinging on the indifference, benevolence or usage of the emipres.

I don't expect the sweeping changes to end soon... but (like with the offseason) I feel like most of them will become outdated or problematic very quickly (ie the timing of the first signing day).

Reactions: Dawg 'n IT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News