ADVERTISEMENT

In lieu of traversing the bridge

jocotrojandawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2006
Since the Sanford Bridge will be closed off and part of the stadium this fall, I figured it would be a good thing to make the DawgVent aware of some alternate ways to get to Tate from the south side of the stadium.

There are several stairways that connect Sanford Drive to the area at Clark Howell Hall. One of these stairways is directly across from the entrance to S01, the parking lot beside the geography building. That takes you to the Clark Howell parking lot with an easy access to Tate.

The second stairway is at the end of the perpendicular street parking that takes you in front of Clark Howell. These stairways will prevent you from having to go all the way up towards Cedar if you’re over closer to Field Street or the geography and chemistry buildings.

The caveat in this is the Dawg walk hours, where the Tate lot will be blocked off. My recommendation here is to use the pathway across from the Physics bus stop on Sanford and cross Lumpkin at the crosswalk at Boggs, and recross Lumpkin at Bolton.

FWIW, I measured on Google Maps going between the Clark Howell sidewalk through Tate to Hooper and just using the bridge, and it adds on roughly 300 feet. If you can’t handle 300 more feet, then I would recommend Planet Fitness for just $10 a month, you have 30 days to get in shape!

Although looking on the map, it would probably make the most sense to not have the Sanford sidewalk between the walkway that goes to Tate and where Gate 9 is going to be fenced off from the ticketed area, but not sure how feasible it would be to put up that much temporary fencing every week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News