ADVERTISEMENT

In the effort to be fair and balanced,

zingerdawg

War Daddy
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2001
Have we gone f’ing mad as a country. Can anyone on the left or right not see thru this? And call it anything other than more prison raping of the American tax payer. I am disgusted. The left couldn’t care less who they screw. Apparently, the gop is onboard now with this too. God help us.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/1...ls-are-much-worse-than-imagined-n676175[/QUOTE]
Ole Mitch and his cohorts are Rinos they are part of the swamp.

Reactions: cherrydawg
This is the same kind of stupid bullshit that spawned trump as a candidate in the first place. I guess he feels vindicated now. He can reclaim his spot as a human doormat.
There hasn’t been a Republican who wanted to restrain spending in the White House since George HW Bush. And he and Ronald Reagan are the only two that ever lived that wanted to restrain spending. Ever. Donald Trump was a profligate spender just as W was. And so long as SS, Medicare, and Medicaid are allowed to expand AUTOMATICALLY what the Hell does it matter. Those three planks account for almost 60% of our annual budget. Doom is coming, but it has little to do with omnibus bill.

There hasn’t been a Republican who wanted to restrain spending in the White House since George HW Bush. And he and Ronald Reagan are the only two that ever lived that wanted to restrain spending. Ever. Donald Trump was a profligate spender just as W was. And so long as SS, Medicare, and Medicaid are allowed to expand AUTOMATICALLY what the Hell does it matter. Those three planks account for almost 60% of our annual budget. Doom is coming, but it has little to do with omnibus bill.
You yourself said doom is coming. So you agree. This isn’t needed. It is one more idiotic spending move. At some point enough has to be enough. I don’t disagree with what you are saying. But at least a little resistance would be nice right. Not being already bent over before you start.

Spending is definitely out of control. Has been for decades.
That being said, don't touch Social Security. That is OUR money, not an entitlement!

SS must be addressed but it should be through adjustments that take at least 3 generations. Folks like us that have paid in for 40 yrs should collect under the current terms. Those in their 30s should be able to have public/private options and the younger generation should be able to opt completely out of the ponzi scheme and have their contributions go into an account they own that builds wealth for them. The idea that I have been maxing out for the last 35 yrs and my family could get stiffed if my wife and I pass away before retirement is outrageous.

SS must be addressed but it should be through adjustments that take at least 3 generations. Folks like us that have paid in for 40 yrs should collect under the current terms. Those in their 30s should be able to have public/private options and the younger generation should be able to opt completely out of the ponzi scheme and have their contributions go into an account they own that builds wealth for them. The idea that I have been maxing out for the last 35 yrs and my family could get stiffed if my wife and I pass away before retirement is outrageous.
Agree 100%! I paid SS for 41 years. Really pisses me off when i hear it called an "entitlement".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT