ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Second Amendment case taking shape in Savannah

JackRussellDawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2018
Coastal Florida

I agree with what the city trying to do . Too many gun owners are idiots when it comes to securing their firearms.

Thug breaks in gets their gun and there more problems. I agree and the AG should support it

Reactions: nice marmot
Too many gun owners are idiots when it comes to securing their firearms.
This is just common sense:

"The ordinance requires firearms left in motor vehicles be "securely stored" in compartments or in a locked trunk while also requiring lost or stolen firearms be reported to the Savannah Police Department."

In a place like Savannah especially where any car with an out of state license plate (not sure about Georgia counties - the petitioner is from Wayne County) is targeted and frequently broken into.

"The ordinance requires firearms left in motor vehicles be "securely stored" in compartments or in a locked trunk while also requiring lost or stolen firearms be reported to the Savannah Police Department."

In a place like Savannah especially where any car with an out of state license plate (not sure about Georgia counties - the petitioner is from Wayne County) is targeted and frequently broken into.

People scream do something about violence and they do and the AG goes on the attack .

I was he had the same energy when it comes to voter fraud.

My take is, no gun should be left overnight in a car, unless the owner is working.

But, putting it in the trunk until you get off company property or other does not bother me.

Reactions: nice marmot
If your vehicle is locked then why does it need to be in a locked glovebox or trunk? Inside a locked car is secured. If they break in the car then they break into the glovebox or trunk.
Now in this case the plaintiff is refusing to lock his car.

Tough call. I don’t like 2A restrictions, but these sound very reasonable.

I believe car break ins are the #1 source of illegally gotten guns. Not locking them up is incredibly dangerous.

Tough call. I don’t like 2A restrictions, but these sound very reasonable.

I believe car break ins are the #1 source of illegally gotten guns. Not locking them up is incredibly dangerous.
I think they should be in a place where they cannot be seen and the vehicle should be locked. As for me I remove my gun from the vehicle when I get home.

I don't like the law, I believe it could lead to innocent legal firearm owners being charged with a crime. If a vehicle is locked, it should not matter if it is concealed in a compartment or in full view. Enforcement of our current firearm laws to the fullest extent will deter criminals. Also, crimes that are committed with stolen firearms should carry much harsher sentences. Murders with stolen firearms should carry a sentence of death!

Reactions: wwforest
I agree with what the city trying to do . Too many gun owners are idiots when it comes to securing their firearms.

Thug breaks in gets their gun and there more problems. I agree and the AG should support it
where you been.?
reply might be fun...
only if you explain yourself..
other site gone/going to Pot!.?

mucho suspicious,
stupido we be!?

you will tell That story or two...
every one a lie,
when you might as well told truth.

pug

Last edited:

The Savannah law will never stand up because of state preemption. You can’t have an insane patchwork of different local laws governing firearms.
Here’s an idea, how about Savanah enforce laws on the people who are committing the thefts. They could have easily strengthened penalties for criminals for stealing a firearm, but that didn’t occur to them since their voters are most likely the ones who are committing the crimes.

If I have my firearm locked up in the trunk, what’s the point ?!?!?

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT