ADVERTISEMENT

I've been trying to understand the standards you guys have for UGA's bb coach...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
And it got me thinking... what's the point of college basketball? I like it. Dont get me wrong. But with a one and done rule, it doesn't seem any more connected to education than Federal Express is connected to the Federal Gvt.

So why are all you nerds clamoring about hiring practices and the sanctity of a corrupt institution? Your pearl clutching isn't going to make handlers, mentors and AAU pimps have any less control of this game.

Why are so many of you hung up on hiring the CMR of basketball? Mentorship and life lessons are as valuable in college BB as walnuts on a turd sundae these days. Sorry, it's true.

Y'all don't have any highground to stand on with regards to who deserves to coach UGA bb with a straight face... unless of course you're proud of losing with pride in a sport that's incredulous about principles. For decades UGA bb has had ridiculous advantages at its disposal but has chosen to operate with a restrictor plate in a wide open field... and many of you wouldn't have it any other way it seems. Resigned to mediocrity, even though the team is a bread winner and farther away from its ceiling than any other team in any major sport.

It's all baffling AF. Sometimes I feel like UGA bb should be called the Fighting Ned Flanders. It almost seems like this level of resistance to success takes a special brand of commitment... a steadfastness. I suppose losing 20 of the last 21 games seems more palatable as long as you can pretend winning means you have to trudge through a meaningless uphill moral slog. I mean seriously... being as bad as Georgia is, with all its inherent advantages is statically almost impossible.

Georgia is behind Binghamton in RPI. And we seem unfazed by that. We act like it isn't all that unnatural. UGA is like a dumbass starving to death while living on a fertile corn farm.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News