ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Fromm Decision Intel/Thoughts

Ben Bachmann

Choppy
Staff
Sep 19, 2018
Paragraphs Added ;)
I’ve talked to people who said he was dead set on coming back then second guessed himself today and then I heard from another plugged in person that Tua going back is helping Georgia’s case so this is very tough to read but I will say my thoughts on his decision being unbiased I believe he should stay.

I’ve heard 5 QBs will likely be taken ahead of him being Joe Burrow, Tua, Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, and Jacob Eason. Scouts love Eason’s upside and physical tools and people in the NFL love Jordan Love because mobile QBs is the new trend in the NFL. Jake has gotten late 2nd-4th RD grades as the 6 best QB off the board and some teams also could very well jump on Jalen Hurts before Jake as well given a situation like my Ravens had with Lamar where we had the OCs for Mike Vick and Colin Kaepernick in the building and decided that this offense can be tailored to Lamar.

There is a serious risk 6 QBs depending on the right team targeting Hurts that could go ahead of Jake. I also look at the FA market. Jameis Winston May or May not return to TB but will start somewhere, same goes for Tom Brady and teams like Jacksonville have invested in Nick Foles for at-least 1 more season due to his contract and have a young QB they have played as a fall back for now.

Oakland could move on from Derek Carr but he as well would likely get a starter gig elsewhere. The saints have options with 2 QBs who will be FAs. Bridgewater will start somewhere next year as well with guys like Mariota on the market and Cam Newton on the market. There is to many QBs on the free agent market and in the draft to go this year if I was jake.

It’s the first time I can remember that the QBs on the free agent market will be appealing to teams like Brady, Bridgewater, Winston, and others will be mixed with 5-6 QBs projected ahead of him at this stage. Next year he with an improved year like Burrow who was projected as a late round pick came back with a new co OC and better weapons and is now going to go first overall.

Next year is going to be a year when he’ll be a top 3 QB taken with less of a QB market. I believe him coming back is the only smart decision. He can’t hurt his stock any lower at this point but only improve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News