ADVERTISEMENT

JaneRussellDawg Update

JackRussellDawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2018
Coastal Florida
Good Morning.

We are back at the Mayo Clinic in Jax today for pre-op to be followed by thymectomy surgery tomorrow. The doctors consider Jane as higher risk, and she will come out of surgery on a ventilator and spend several days in ICU. Hopefully, I can take her home in 3-5 days.

It’s been a long hard road to get to this point. She almost didn’t make it here over four months ago and spent a month in ICU, two weeks on the neurology floor, two weeks in rehab, and with many problems during that ordeal. I’ve had her home the past two and half months, getting her stronger by administering nutrition and meds through a feeding tube five times a day.

The surgery should produce remission of the myasthenia gravis (MG) symptoms over time, and once Jane regains her ability to swallow more than water, she and we could get back to a fairly normal life. She dreams of cheeseburgers and Bud Light.

We would appreciate your prayers during this time. The Dawgs and this crazy website keep me entertained, and the Good Lord keeps us fighting. Thanks in advance for your support.

Good Morning.

We are back at the Mayo Clinic in Jax today for pre-op to be followed by thymectomy surgery tomorrow. The doctors consider Jane as higher risk, and she will come out of surgery on a ventilator and spend several days in ICU. Hopefully, I can take her home in 3-5 days.

It’s been a long hard road to get to this point. She almost didn’t make it here over four months ago and spent a month in ICU, two weeks on the neurology floor, two weeks in rehab, and with many problems during that ordeal. I’ve had her home the past two and half months, getting her stronger by administering nutrition and meds through a feeding tube five times a day.

The surgery should produce remission of the myasthenia gravis (MG) symptoms over time, and once Jane regains her ability to swallow more than water, she and we could get back to a fairly normal life. She dreams of cheeseburgers and Bud Light.

We would appreciate your prayers during this time. The Dawgs and this crazy website keep me entertained, and the Good Lord keeps us fighting. Thanks in advance for your support.
You’re a good man. I know it all has to be tough……the support and love will help her get through all of this. It sounds like she is definitely a fighter.

Thoughts and prayers are sent. Appreciate the update.

Last edited:
Good Morning.

Prayers sent for your beautiful bride and you as well!

Good Morning.

All God’s blessings getting through this round, Jack. I hate to see this happening to two obviously wonderful people.

Good Morning.

Prayers sent to Jane, you and your family to get well

Good Morning.

We would appreciate your prayers during this time. The Dawgs and this crazy website keep me entertained, and the Good Lord keeps us fighting. Thanks in advance for your support.how

you needs know how much I Love and Admire you And yours.
pug ain't much for praying,
but my Love goes a long way!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT