ADVERTISEMENT

Juanny B, will be in Asheville next week, any good BBQ in that

Barack's favorite is 12 Bones in River Arts district. It's real good

Most Commie BBQ you'll ever find. Super long line, and only open at lunch.
Great sides. It's probably the only thing Barack ever got right.
I love the blueberry chipotle ribs. Seriously love them.

I also really like Moe's on the north end of town (Woodfin). Different people running it than the location in Biltmore. It's better than Biltmore.
Everything I've had at the north location is very very good.
Their fried catfish is as good as I've ever had.

I like Luella's on Merrimon, ok. They never seem to want me to be there. I can feel their eyes judging me.
They have very good sliced brisket and great deviled eggs.

The original is Little Pigs. Great, great fried chicken. It's like a blue collar BBQ place from the 60s. They have a large pit and old dudes.
The counter man checks boxes on your ticket, and you take it over to another old man at the register to pay. Old school.
The chopped pork is pretty bland. I usually get a Nathan's hot dog all the way there.

Good ribs is one way we know God loves us, but brisket and a

deviled egg might just be the right call. Germantown Commissary gives you a deviled egg with their plates, just raises the whole thing to another level.

Concur. And they have lots of good sides at Luella's. Word of caution....

None of them are BBQ at a level that most wood think is off the charts.
But for NC, ours places are decent.

Going to be traveling with Yankee co-worker, prolly staying closer

to Hendersonville since my meetings are closer to that area. However, I would love to sit at the commie bar and infuriate commies and their lesbian girlfriends.

Supposedly there's a 12 Bones location on the south side, too

Never been there. I resist going to south side of town as much as possible. Lots of suburbs and planned communities and STRIP malls where the women leave their clothes on.

But 12 Bones south is a lot closer to Hendersonville. Their hours at that location are a lot friendlier, and I heard there are no LINES.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT