ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Kamron Mikell, Zion Ragins, Sammy Brown and Dylan Raiola.

Radi Nabulsi

Publisher
Staff
Nov 17, 2003

I went to Columbus to see Kamron Mikell, Zion Ragins and Sammy Brown race in the state track championship. Here is the race.

Zion won easily but he's a small guy. He hears from UGA but I get the feeling they are not pushing for him as hard as they are other players.

Sammy came in fourth with a 10.94. The third and fourth-place finishers went 10.93.

Mikell, who ran a 10.97, hears from UGA daily (inspirational texts). His official visit, as reported previously, will be the weekend of the Scavenger Hunt. He originally wanted to do it on the June 2-4 weekend, but didn't want to make two long trips so close together. This they moved the OV up.

UGA wants Mikell as a cornerback, which he's fine with, but he prefers wide receiver as he's more comfortable there. Georgia will take him as a receiver as you will see in a second. Fran Brown is his main recruiter. South Carolina and Kentucky want him as a cornerback too. Tech wants him as a wide receiver.

I asked Mikell which recruits he talks to. He only mentioned two.: former Georgia Tech commit Jakhari Williams and 5-star QB Dylan Raiola.

Raiola initiated contact. I thought that was interesting. The funny thing was that when Raiola reached out, Mikell thought it might be fake. Like a catfish. Especially when Dylan said he didn't have Snapchat. But identity confirmed, Raiola started talking with Mikell about maybe playing together.

"He got my number from Coach Fran and we have just been talking. He was fixing to commit in about two weeks or a week. I think it is a week now. But he was just talking about where was I thinking about going to school. I was like, "I don't know yet" because I really don't. And then we are just chopping it up, honestly, talking about anything really. But he was like, "It would be a really good duo if I came and played where he was going" because, either, because Georgia they do talk to me about playing offense. They were just like whatever I want to."

Kirby Smart told Mikell he could play receiver if he wants to even though he has "a really good bond with Fran Brown."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News