ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping guns from nuts. Is there not a way?

Wasting you time foolishly trying to gaslight the subject is a waste of time.
I can say the same for you. You can also give your freedom to our illustrious politicians while you feel like giving things away. But hey, you do you big guy.

Guys, don't fall into the trap of justifying anything. They are the ones trying to take away rights.

The best use of brainpower is forcing them out of their world of hyperbole, gaslighting, and hypotheticals.

Make them deal with reality and they'll change the subject or just go to another thread.

Still waiting for a single law that would have prevented the Nashville shooting. Banning "assault rifles" and the sale of .223 ammo won't cut it.

You’re the actual idiot not to take the time or effort to inform yourself prior to typing a foolish laughable post. My definition is any shoulder or waste position firearm that chambers a high velocity round, built based upon or close to military specs as an AK or M16, etc, can be be converted to fully automatic cycling, or uses a magazine more than 6 rounds. I would also include close combat pistol / convertible weapons like an Uzi or similar.
You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
Don’t care what anyone uses an assault rifle for. Remove those weapons and most of the issues with assault weapon shootings v gun control go away. Whether you personally ever used a weapon or not doesn’t help solve the problem. All it takes is one person as in Nashville or Texas or Sandy Hook to massacre a lot of folks because of the velocity of the ball, ease of use, access. Even a total ban of all firearms is still not going to prevent all mass shootings but at least it gives folks a chance at survival and reduced the number of victims.
People are the problem not guns.

I can say the same for you. You can also give your freedom to our illustrious politicians while you feel like giving things away. But hey, you do you big guy.
What BS. It’s not about anyone’s “freedom.” It’s not about annything but the senseless continued killing of innocent people. Own a ****ing howitzer if it makes you more of a man. Just make sure you’re properly trained /certified. / licensed to operate it. Besides the 2nd amendment says a “well regulated militia” as it’s foundational reasoning which 200+ years on no longer actually applies. All I want is to save a few people not seize anyone’s lawfully owned firearms.

What BS. It’s not about anyone’s “freedom.” It’s not about annything but the senseless continued killing of innocent people. Own a ****ing howitzer if it makes you more of a man. Just make sure you’re properly trained /certified. / licensed to operate it. Besides the 2nd amendment says a “well regulated militia” as it’s foundational reasoning which 200+ years on no longer actually applies. All I want is to save a few people not seize anyone’s lawfully owned firearms.
So shut up and leave us alone.

Reactions: WyoDawg307
I don’t need guns to make me a man. I provide for my family. Help others and leave a small footprint. Self-reliance is a great thing

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
The reason gun legislation is DOA is the Constitution. Originally the 2nd Amendment was passed to protect the individual not so much from one another but from the government.
That reasoning has been proven accurate.
If the majority which some of you claim wants gun legislation, then get an Amendment on the ballot. We can find out the truth ... supposedly.

Today, in addition to an untrustworthy federal behemoth, the knowledge that the left will never stop trying to erode the Constitution stymies any reasonable negotiation.
If "sensible" gun legislation was passed, then the endless onslaught to push that restriction further would immediately begin.
It is a healthy mistrust of the left, which is correctly mistrusted that ensures gun advocates must hold firm. There is no "middle ground". The unscrupulous, untrustworthy left has made sure of that.

George Soros, Gates and other assorted billionaires support people like Gascon in LA and Alvin Bragg in Manhattan. They are tearing this country apart ... on purpose. The Russians started using similar tactics, supporting radical leftist organizations all the way back to Khrushchev in what they call their original "50 Year Plan" to destroy the US without a war.

Say what you will. If we were all armed, there would be less mass shootings by these tortured souls. At a minimum, those intending to commit such atrocities would be put down sooner simply because armed adults would be closer at hand.

riiight - because Christians don't kill people

👀
Humans kill people. Christ commands His creation not to murder.

There are no perfect Christians. With all the radical groups promoting anarchy, property and physical harm, why would you have an issue with “Christians?”

Black people kill people. Trans people kill people. Elderly white grandparents kill people. Shall we condemn all those people?

But again, Christ commands us to be kind to others, honor our Father and Mother, not to steal, not to envy what others have. Not to murder, and to honor God above all.

Christ also commands us to protect the innocent.

So in your opinion, is Christ evil? And why would you label Christians? Do you label terrorist groups whenever something happens?

When people murder people, it is the narcissistic sin of the person who pulls the trigger.

When people murder people, it is the narcissistic sin of the person who pulls the trigger.
when trying to engage in conversation, one does well to seek context. read the thread sequentially and you may find some of your questions answered.

when trying to engage in conversation, one does well to seek context. read the thread sequentially and you may find some of your questions answered.
My response was to the post you made. Other than saying Christians kill people, did you actually engage in a more logical discussion later in the thread?

We always have to weight behavior against behavior of others to somehow justify the behavior we question.

Also, I had not finished my post and walked away. I finished it then sent it. I will read through and find where you answered my questions.

First, I love guns, and own...well...my share. Bought my 18 year old a Franchi affinity last weekend, for graduation.

Is there not some space, between "ban assault rifles" and "fill out this form, and here is your AR."

Do we need to tighten gun laws, or amend HIPPA laws?

My thought is, how does a gun shop owner know that someone is mentally disturbed? Or if they are under treatment, etc?

I know the form you fill out asks questions. It's a form..

"Are you a nut?"
"No"
"OK. Here is your gun"

How can we do better. I'm ready to listen.

No there really isn’t. One of the problem lies in your word “Nuts”. Who gets to decide who else is “nuts”. We’ve recently seen the law used to target someone as a political stunt and the same thing could to people once this database of “nuts” is created.

There hasn’t been a database created yet that hasn’t been abused by the government. And what does it take to be classified as a nut? Odds are, under this administration, this recent tranny would not have been considered a “nut”. Mentally disturbed people can easily go undetected.

I would have no trouble with banning all sales of guns to trannies. They are mentally ill and the suicide rates prove it, along with other facts. But people will still be killing others regardless. Some
People Need to come to grips with a few facts.

Owning firearms has been established as not only legal, but a right. A God given right Handed down and accepted as a maxim DERIVED FROM OUR MAKER.

Life is fragile and we are here for a finite moment. Danger will always exist and you cannot legislate risk out of a society. But you never steal a population’s right in the interest in protecting a very, very few outlying group of innocent victims. They will always exist.

There is no discussion to be had about gun control until officials can find it within themselves to enforce the laws on the books, including immigration, child mutilation and abuse.

The reason gun legislation is DOA is the Constitution. Originally the 2nd Amendment was passed to protect the individual not so much from one another but from the government.
That reasoning has been proven accurate.
If the majority which some of you claim wants gun legislation, then get an Amendment on the ballot. We can find out the truth ... supposedly.

Today, in addition to an untrustworthy federal behemoth, the knowledge that the left will never stop trying to erode the Constitution stymies any reasonable negotiation.
If "sensible" gun legislation was passed, then the endless onslaught to push that restriction further would immediately begin.
It is a healthy mistrust of the left, which is correctly mistrusted that ensures gun advocates must hold firm. There is no "middle ground". The unscrupulous, untrustworthy left has made sure of that.

George Soros, Gates and other assorted billionaires support people like Gascon in LA and Alvin Bragg in Manhattan. They are tearing this country apart ... on purpose. The Russians started using similar tactics, supporting radical leftist organizations all the way back to Khrushchev in what they call their original "50 Year Plan" to destroy the US without a war.

Say what you will. If we were all armed, there would be less mass shootings by these tortured souls. At a minimum, those intending to commit such atrocities would be put down sooner simply because armed adults would be closer at hand.
Excellent post!

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
My response was to the post you made. Other than saying Christians kill people, did you actually engage in a more logical discussion later in the thread?

We always have to weight behavior against behavior of others to somehow justify the behavior we question.

Also, I had not finished my post and walked away. I finished it then sent it. I will read through and find where you answered my questions.
mine was a sarcastic response to someone who suggested that the source of the several years' long national mass murder spree was our nation's increasing apostasy w/r/t Christianity. The very notion is comical, especially in the context of so much evangelical Christianism we read on here, which is the most self-excusing / other-accusing sect of all. As we all know, Christianity has been wielded as an effective weapon since inception, itself, its extension, or its perquisites often enough sole rationale for mass murders.

And I am not condemning anything. Just rejecting out of hand the notion that some sort of apostasy is the source of mass murders of children in this country.

Reactions: PotimusWillie
mine was a sarcastic response to someone who suggested that the source of the several years' long national mass murder spree was our nation's increasing apostasy w/r/t Christianity. The very notion is comical, especially in the context of so much evangelical Christianism we read on here, which is the most self-excusing / other-accusing sect of all. As we all know, Christianity has been wielded as an effective weapon since inception, itself, its extension, or its perquisites often enough sole rationale for mass murders.

And I am not condemning anything. Just rejecting out of hand the notion that some sort of apostasy is the source of mass murders of children in this country.
Fair enough. I do contend Christianity is not a weapon. Man sees rules and makes decisions. Like any religion, legal system, politics, national movements.

Christianity does say one thing that no other religion can agree with and “spiritual” people will not submit to. That Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Son of God, and the only way to the Father and eternal life with God is to follow Christ, believe He is Gods only Son, be baptized in His Name and repent from sin.

That is a truth that a Christian cannot abandon regardless of what man wants. And what God teaches does not parallel man’s desires. We are only called to parallel His. Christians will always be in conflict with what the world wants. The fall of man assured that.

But I caught you drift. Thanks for the clarification.

Fair enough. I do contend Christianity is not a weapon. Man sees rules and makes decisions. Like any religion, legal system, politics, national movements.

Christianity does say one thing that no other religion can agree with and “spiritual” people will not submit to. That Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Son of God, and the only way to the Father and eternal life with God is to follow Christ, believe He is Gods only Son, be baptized in His Name and repent from sin.

That is a truth that a Christian cannot abandon regardless of what man wants. And what God teaches does not parallel man’s desires. We are only called to parallel His. Christians will always be in conflict with what the world wants. The fall of man assured that.

But I caught you drift. Thanks for the clarification.
Yes, no matter what good deeds we do we are sinners and God gives us free will to make choices, that is why the responsibility of being born again has to be an individual choice otherwise we would all be created to never sin. I thank and praise God every chance I get because, without our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, there would be no way to salvation.

Well that’s an angry screed that fails to include a single example of how the average American family is being subjected to oppression and tyranny. I provided plenty of examples that highlight their freedoms.

So help us out here. How exactly is the dem party impinging on the rights and choices of this family?
Taxation for one, when that family is subsidizing 50% of the Americans who pay no tax they have the right to complain of a tyrannical government. This vilifying the rich is an absolute path to every communist dictatorship ever created. The American dream has always been about individuals forging their way, somehow that is twisted.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
now do Jeffrey Epstein
Sure.

Trump told NY Magazine in 2002:

“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy.”

“He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

Republican Alex Acosta, future Labor Secretary under Trump, was the Federal Attorney that gave Epstein a ridiculously favorable sentence in 2008.

Epstein was taken off suicide watch and his jailers mysteriously "were asleep" during his death in a federal prison under the responsibility of Bill Barr (serving under Trump).

Trump stated support for Epstein co-conspirator and now convicted child-sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell when she was arrested in 2020.

"I haven't really been following it too much," Trump said, according to the New York Times. "I just wish her well, frankly."

"I've met her numerous times over the years, especially since I lived in Palm Beach, and I guess they lived in Palm Beach," Trump added. "But I wish her well, whatever it is."

Epstein is a problem across party lines for a number of powerful men. I'd like the list publicised and all of the bastards charged. All of them.

Sure.

“He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

Republican Alex Acosta, future Labor Secretary under Trump, was the Federal Attorney that gave Epstein a ridiculously favorable sentence in 2008.

Epstein was taken off suicide watch and his jailers mysteriously "were asleep" during his death in a federal prison under the responsibility of Bill Barr (serving under Trump).

Trump stated support for Epstein co-conspirator and now convicted child-sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell when she was arrested in 2020.

"I haven't really been following it too much," Trump said, according to the New York Times. "I just wish her well, frankly."

"I've met her numerous times over the years, especially since I lived in Palm Beach, and I guess they lived in Palm Beach," Trump added. "But I wish her well, whatever it is."

Epstein is a problem across party lines for a number of powerful men. I'd like the list publicised and all of the bastards charged. All of them.

Your last paragraph answers why this isn't a political priority, but don't discount powerful women being involved too.

Also, why is this such a low priority for the people? Sure, we see social media posts demanding attention to the matter, but those people get lumped in with the whole conspiracy theory narrative.

Most Americans are afraid to pull back the curtain because they are afraid to lose whatever way of life they have, complaints and all.

We won't see justice until the people are more outraged than scared.

And thus you answered your own question. Afraid the only solution is to ban manufacturing, import, ownership of assault style weapons and machine pistols, high capacity magazines, and high velocity rounds as the .223. OR require a Federal Firearms License. Have given up on parents acting properly since there have been shootings where parents bought firearms for their offspring.
230330103817-01-nashville-school-shooting-weapons.jpg

9mm semi auto she used. kel tek

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Sure.

don’t forget the Clinton relationship and other dems

Correct me if I am wrong (I am sure y'all will), but in Fla was there legislation signed so that anyone could conceal carry even without a permit?

Correct me if I am wrong (I am sure y'all will), but in Fla was there legislation signed so that anyone could conceal carry even without a permit?
Yes, the 26th state to do so. I’m a pretty hardcore 2A guy but there are some restrictions I’m in favor of. I don’t mind the concealed carry permit process. It includes a federal and state background check and probably weeds out some nuts.

And not anyone. You have to be 21, never a felon, and some other restrictions.

I supported some other restrictions, like the bump stock ban. I regard them as a useless toy, only good for spraying bullets into a crowd like the Las Vegas nut did a few years ago.

Nope, we already have some. Not a bit like prisons. Your off the mark response tells me you don't know anything about what is actually proposed.

The Nashville shooter merely shot out two glass entry doors and walked in. Coated and/or reinforced safety glass would have made that much harder. Solid doors would have made that much harder. A security fence around the perimeter of the school grounds would have made that much harder.

Still, those first shots alerted the school's headmaster and staff. The unarmed and untrained 61 year old headmaster went to try to stop it, but was immediately killed. Different outcome with an armed, trained and protected resource officer in her place? You bet your ass.

Nashville police responded quickly, within minutes of the break in. Onsite resource officers still would have been much faster. How many lives do you need to justify armed and trained security onsite?

Not all mental health measures are created equal. Especially with mental health, prevention (and early treatment) are far more effective than treating advanced conditions.
Like I said constructing a bunker complex. THESE ARE SCHOOLS; should NOT BE armed / barricaded / guarded / bunkers. Teachers carrying sidearms is so foolish to be laughable. My wife, Mrs Hormones, taught for 40+ years and she is the last person you want with a loaded gun.

Name one new law that would have prevented the Nashville shooting and we can have a conversation.
Tennessee is among the weakest states for legal gun purchase. Choose any one of these: No red flag statute. No open carry permits required. No background purchase check. Now you and I both know if someone really wants a firearm they’ll some how obtain one. That leaves only one obvious solution: Reduce, restrict, eliminate the availability of the most deadly weapons / ammo used in these slaughters.

Tennessee is among the weakest states for legal gun purchase. Choose any one of these: No red flag statute. No open carry permits required. No background purchase check. Now you and I both know if someone really wants a firearm they’ll some how obtain one. That leaves only one obvious solution: Reduce, restrict, eliminate the availability of the most deadly weapons / ammo used in these slaughters.
What’s your plan for the 30 million “assault weapons” currently in circulation in the US, many of which were purchased more than 20 years ago and many more of which have been sold at least once face-to-face, either of which making them mostly untraceable. Hate to put the kibosh on your storm trooper seizure raids.

You're going to have to get specific to establish law. Talking points won't cut it.

The red flag statute is worthy of discussion, but no one has come up with criteria to prevent abuse of systems proposed. As we've seen with swatting in the online gaming community, false reporting gets innocent people targeted by law enforcement.

But yes, we do need to restrict mentally ill people from purchasing weapons, but doesn't that start with being honest about people who are mentally ill?

Open carry doesn't mean squat and it's crazy you'd suggest that has anything to do with someone wanting to do others harm. Do you really think restricting open carry has made a violent person decide to wait on being violent?

Not sure about the no background check thing. Isn't that a private sale issue? Pretty hard to police that given we can't even stop drug and human trafficking.

Making something illegal doesn't stop crime directly. The best you can hope for is making people think twice about punishment. The problem with murder is that it's not like speeding. People willing to commit murder already don't care about consequences.

Your final point about eliminating gets closer to the end game of total confiscation. All firearms are deadly. The idea of restricting the "most deadly" is a fairytale.

The manner in which these school shootings have taken place could be done with any firearm, and that's the point. It's all or nothing. Either a firearm is legally available or not. If you want to be sure, then you must take away all.

Name a caliber that should remain available after your ideal restrictions are in place that couldn't kill the same number of people from the Nashville shooting or any other school shooting in recent memory.

You're going to have to get specific to establish law. Talking points won't cut it.

The red flag statute is worthy of discussion, but no one has come up with criteria to prevent abuse of systems proposed. As we've seen with swatting in the online gaming community, false reporting gets innocent people targeted by law enforcement.

But yes, we do need to restrict mentally ill people from purchasing weapons, but doesn't that start with being honest about people who are mentally ill?

Open carry doesn't mean squat and it's crazy you'd suggest that has anything to do with someone wanting to do others harm. Do you really think restricting open carry has made a violent person decide to wait on being violent?

Not sure about the no background check thing. Isn't that a private sale issue? Pretty hard to police that given we can't even stop drug and human trafficking.

Making something illegal doesn't stop crime directly. The best you can hope for is making people think twice about punishment. The problem with murder is that it's not like speeding. People willing to commit murder already don't care about consequences.

Your final point about eliminating gets closer to the end game of total confiscation. All firearms are deadly. The idea of restricting the "most deadly" is a fairytale.

The manner in which these school shootings have taken place could be done with any firearm, and that's the point. It's all or nothing. Either a firearm is legally available or not. If you want to be sure, then you must take away all.

Name a caliber that should remain available after your ideal restrictions are in place that couldn't kill the same number of people from the Nashville shooting or any other school shooting in recent memory.
All excellent and legitimate and non-hysterical points. Gun grabbers just can’t understand that there are some things you just can’t do and in order for their dream to be realized you’d have to turn this country into a Stalinesque police state. And, in which case, there would be many more murders of citizens by government than by mass murderers. Read the history and remember the saying about power and absolute power. And remember why we have the 2A. The founding fathers were right about the nature of man and government.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT