ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Chesney: "This Georgia G-Day music thing is the funniest thing I've ever seen..."

RedNBlackNtheDay

Chippendale
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2011
Athens, GA
"... I mean, they were turned down by every big star in the business and had to finally get some rap star who no one has heard of in 10 years. Georgia fans need to swallow their pride and accept that they're just not as popular as they think.

Heck, if UT had asked, half of Nashville would have played there for free,.. including big stars like myself and Big & Rich."

Penis envy over UGA. I also laughed about him and Big & Rich being big stars. Big & Rich had one song anyone ever gave a damn about and Chesney hasn't been big in years.

Reactions: lancelewis11
Kenny Chesney is a typical "Kned". Your typical Tennessee fair weathered fan, that likes to run his mouth when UT has just a little success. The guy is 45 yrs old still acting like a 17 yr old. In between sun bed visits, he's still writing songs about being on Spring Break in Panama City. He should be worrying about some new song material instead of UGA football. How can anyone take anything he says seriously, especially when it comes to fball.

How many wins did UT have over the last 3 yrs?

"... I mean, they were turned down by every big star in the business and had to finally get some rap star who no one has heard of in 10 years. Georgia fans need to swallow their pride and accept that they're just not as popular as they think.

Heck, if UT had asked, half of Nashville would have played there for free,.. including big stars like myself and Big & Rich."

The little Queen of Country Music seems envious. Poor little fellow.

The funny thing is, even though Ludacris is not my cup of tea, he's a bigger name than Chesney ever was.

The little 140 pound round-mouth must have been turned down by UGA back in the day!

To paraphrase Mr. Chesney, "Georgia is going to make their spring game into a big production that will give them a recruiting advantage over my Vols. That worries me so I will disparage them, and next year Tennessee will have an even BIGGER show at our spring game."

Like this Ludacrisp guy,...I've never heard a Bennie Chesney song

Yes... Ludacris is such a nobody.

I mean "Ludaversal" was top 5 on the Billboard 200 way back... in 2015. I'm wondering when Chesney last had an Album that high on the charts.

Hey guys it's me again I know a couple of people in Atlanta and The Business Lulu's, Ludacris that is and he bringing friends I promise you I will be pleased after the G-day game you guys will get your entertainment that's all I got to say

It seems like an odd mix to have a rap star play at G-Day. I think the typical UGA fan is 40-60 white male. Maybe they are trying to expand UGA football to a different demographic.

It seems like an odd mix to have a rap star play at G-Day. I think the typical UGA fan is 40-60 white male. Maybe they are trying to expand UGA football to a different demographic.
G-Day is primarily a recruiting event. Our players and recruits will love it. Great move in my opinion.

He just compared himself to Big & Rich!!!! Imagine that, a toothless, inbred hillbilly thinks Big and Rich are "big stars"!!!

Heck, if UT had asked, half of Nashville would have played there for free,.. including big stars like myself and Big & Rich." I can see the banter between folks who follow different schools, but i am surprised by the crass comment about another music performer, even if he hasn't been heard of in ten years or so......I reckon someone will most likely say the same thing about Kenny somewhere down the road.....Go Dawgs....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT