ADVERTISEMENT

Kirby vs. the Vent

godawgs4

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2017
Carrollton, TX
It seems our own Message Board Geniuses are convinced they understand football, locker rooms, finance, interpersonal relationships and frankly everything better than Kirby:

Let's do a quick update on Kirby's resume:

Bachelor's in FINANCE from UGA - probably prepares him for understanding the financial workings of the collective and how to manage a constrained pool of cash, first in building a program and a team and now with NIL . This alone eliminates most of the Vent from a battle of wits with Mr. Smart.

If the education wasn't enough -- He has 8 years as Head Coach at UGA with a total athletic budget of 170 M of which football probably gets 1/2 or more. Again $80M plus annually and probably pushing $200M + spent on facilities in the last 8 years and Kirby eliminates another group of the Vent who haven't been in the arena.

How about on the field? 94 wins in 8 years including 2 Natties, 2 SEC championships, 3 playoff appearances and three straight years without losing an SEC regular season game. I'm guessing no one on the vent has done that.

My point, not only do very few if any members on this site know ALL of the details in every one of these recruitments, coaching decisions, in-game decisions, most of us aren't nearly as qualified to make most of these decisions as Kirby is. Based on this, I try to trust in Kirby and not get too up or too down about one guy coming or going. In the end I trust that Kirby will do the best he can with constrained resources.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News