ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Legal question for DV attorneys...

fdawg1103

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
I have a family member that had a recent issue with a provider where the provider was negligent in the care they provided and it caused some complications that required multiple surgeries.

I've spoken with a local medical malpractice attorney and they agreed that the provider was negligent in their care but declined to represent because they aren't sure the damage was catastrophic enough to warrant a settlement large enough to cover all the parties involved.

In other words, the patient didn't die or suffer long term effects. Rather, they are suffering life altering impacts that will last 6 months or so and have huge medical bills. That's not nothing.

My question is, is there any recourse if my family member isn't trying to obtain a huge settlement but rather just wants the medical bills covered and maybe a little for the pain and suffering. They aren't trying to retire on this or anything, just be made whole from the ordeal.

Seems like we've been told that there's no recourse unless something catastrophic happens. So the doc can screw up and cost the patient thousands of dollars and immense pain and suffering but if they didn't die, nothing we can do? Is that right?

Is there anything for the legit negligent claims that don't have a catastrophic ending??

TIA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News