ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg LOL....tell me if this business model makes sense.....

Double Deuce Dawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2022
so I go to this liquor store in Florence, KY. The shelf bourbons are cheaper than normal and behind the counter, they keep the high end bourbons. So I see several bottles of Blanton's on the shelf and I inquire about the price. The response is that it is $100 with the required number of loyalty points. So I ask about the loyalty points...for every dollar you spend there, you get a point. So I inquire as to how many loyalty points do I need for the privilege to buy a bottle of Blanton's for $100. The response is 1000 bonus points. LOL. Now I wouldn't mind paying $100 for a bottle as it would save me time and gas money going to Buffalo Trace. So I looked at Mr. Patel and asked him if he was really gonna let me walk out of the store without selling me a bottle of Blanton's at almost a 70% mark-up. He nodded. I turned and looked around...he asked me what I was looking at? I told him the invisible line of people waiting in line with a 1000 points and willing to pay $100 for a bottle of Blanton's. He didn't get it.

So I handed him the bottles of Four Roses Single Barrel and Kettle One Vodka that I had planned to buy and told him I would shop elsewhere.

so I go to this liquor store in Florence, KY. The shelf bourbons are cheaper than normal and behind the counter, they keep the high end bourbons. So I see several bottles of Blanton's on the shelf and I inquire about the price. The response is that it is $100 with the required number of loyalty points. So I ask about the loyalty points...for every dollar you spend there, you get a point. So I inquire as to how many loyalty points do I need for the privilege to buy a bottle of Blanton's for $100. The response is 1000 bonus points. LOL. Now I wouldn't mind paying $100 for a bottle as it would save me time and gas money going to Buffalo Trace. So I looked at Mr. Patel and asked him if he was really gonna let me walk out of the store without selling me a bottle of Blanton's at almost a 70% mark-up. He nodded. I turned and looked around...he asked me what I was looking at? I told him the invisible line of people waiting in line with a 1000 points and willing to pay $100 for a bottle of Blanton's. He didn't get it.

So I handed him the bottles of Four Roses Single Barrel and Kettle One Vodka that I had planned to buy and told him I would shop elsewhere.

Loyalty points?? a liquor store in Kentucky....

Liquor stores in Kentucky are like Dollar Generals in South Ga. ... They every f'king where...

I’m about an hour south of you and our local liquor store does the same thing.

racist comedy central GIF

Who are you and what have you done with @MyPerfectFranchise.Net ???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT