ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Losing a Dog

bamdawg1980

Mail Delivered B2B
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2016
Greenville, SC
After almost 18 years of loyal, faithful
companionship, our dog is with us no more. Daisy was a wonderful dog. Every time I had surgery and the time I had cancer, she sensed something was wrong and would curl up right by my side. When we went through some extremely tough circumstances as a family, she brought laughter and joy into the house.

She was smart as a whip and a bit of a troublemaker—trash cans with lids were no problem for her. As tasty as trash apparently was, she’d also go for a slice of your strawberry cake that you set down without thinking. When she wanted to be held, she’d come right up to me on the couch and stamp her feet and cry, much like a toddler having a tantrum. Yet, she rarely barked and never bit. We had lots of guests over, and she tolerated them well, but was always relieved to get back to her person, who happened to be me.

I didn’t have inside pets growing up and honestly never realized how much you could love your animal and how much grief would take place when they are no longer with you. We have one other dog, but the silence in our house is deafening without the patter of her steps.

So, love your animals and cherish every moment. They are gone too soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News