ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of teeth gnashing on the Bama board

Boom MFer Dawg

Kiss the Ring
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2015
You name it they are pissed: here are a few out takes

On Nick Saban

Let this team and fanbase down last night and this season. Him keeping Golding around and standing by and letting BOB run an inconsistent vanilla offense without making changes. Questionable in game decisions and being outcoached and out schemed more than once this season. The biggest mistake he made was last night making a last hour plea to be put into playoffs that a large majority of people knew we didn't belong. His message ruined any chance of our players being ready to play in a bowl game that any true fan should be proud to be a part of as well as players. A big part of this fan base is spoiled and entitled as hell and coach is to blame for that as well because that seems to be his mentality these days. Saban loves to speak on mental toughness but he has lost his altogether, and his fragile ego is beginning to show more and more. I am pissed and disappointed in Coach and I have lost some respect for him this season. I am well prepared to be flamed for this but sometimes the truth hurts folks. I wish us luck in the Sugar Bowl and will support the team as always but I don't have a lot of confidence.

Negative recruiting our d line targets:

How in the fvck is this happening? 3 of the 4 top sack leaders for d-tackles in the NFL right now played at Alabama.

I mean I get the PG talk, but some of us need to take our Crimson glasses off. This is a Coach Nick Saban defense. PG can be the scapegoat but over and over and over and over the complexity of our defense constantly gets players out of alignment. No, PG didn't make adjustments during the UT game, but why didn't the guru of all secondary coaches. I love CNS and think he is the greatest of all time. However, many many times in-game adjustments have been missed. With that said, he is still human and will make mistakes. That's ok. I get it. I would do the same. I make them each and every day. However, being the owner of the company, any mistakes my employees make are ultimately my fault. Also, if I continue to keep people around for five years that make the same mistakes over and over..........well that's my fault totally. We are a spoiled fan base. I am for sure. However, even though CNS is the greatest of all time, that doesnt mean he is the greatest in 2022.
Lets say you have two seasons, on a level playing field, if you could pick one coach to lead your team for 2 years, who would you pick? It would be very difficult for me to not pick Kirby. Its ok, time catches up, people pass us by. Its just human nature that eventually someone better may just come along.

Forget crimson colored...just get some glasses. If Alabama had won either of the two loses, they would be in the playoffs. Do you think the safeties were coached to let UT's #11 run past them multiple times? Against LSU were the linebackers coached to allow ball carriers run through tackles? Coaches coach and players make plays...or they don't.

I’ve read this a few times. Winning one of those games wouldn’t have put us in the playoffs. It would have put us in the SECCG against Georgia, where anything but a win or a loss in a very competitive game would have 100% knocked us out.
It’s way more complex than players making plays. Coaches have to teach them fundamentals, habits, tricks and they have to do it in a way that makes the comple things seem simple for the kids. I doubt
Linebackers were taught to let anyone run through a tackle. But if they are taught in a way that makes them a step late or a step off, that results in running through a tackle. And I doubt the safeties wanted to let the Tenn guy run by them. But anytime the coach decides his box safety can cover an elite guy, that’s not the players fault. You can coach a box safety to cover an elite receiver down the field 1 on 1.

In less than a month:

We will find out if the Big 10 is any good. Looks like Georgia will have to beat their two best teams to win it all. By the way, I live in Atlanta and really want the dawgs to get beat. Georgia fans are obnoxious!

Couple in laws are Georgia fans. Married her pre-Kirby. It’s tough now.

the Georgia fans I know all said Saban was a cry baby at halftime the other night. That’s infuriating to me and unfortunately pushes my buttons. What coach wouldn’t lobby for his team? Kirby?

The answer is every coach that had a chance would lobby. Saban was the only one granted airtime to plead his case. He probably knew his chances were slim, but he owed it to the athletes to give it his best shot. I am sure he is more concerned about player relationships than what anybody thinks about his efforts.

Potential OC search - my choice

I feel if I was Saban’s age and I want 1 more title just to show I changed with the times(albeit he has nothing he needs to prove)I can only think of one name I’d sink all my money on. He would make a splash and he definitely needs Saban rehab not to mention he’s proven to handle a championship team for a bit before imploding. I’m going after Meyer can you name someone better?

Urban or Oscar?

My bologna has a first name….. it’s O .. S… C…A…R! “

I’m not saying make him HC I’m saying take him on as an OC for two years like BOB. It can’t be any worse than Kiffin or Sark

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News