ADVERTISEMENT

Love him or hate him Trump just did a huge

Favor to the environment, outdoorsman and the industries that rely on both. He all but killed the Pebble Mine in Alaska on the Bristol Bay. HUGE WIN for salmon, bears, trout and everything else in that region. Mad kudos.

I know the Kilchers will be happy . For some that may not know who they are , they are a family in Alaska that star on a tv program called ,The Last Frontier .

Favor to the environment, outdoorsman and the industries that rely on both. He all but killed the Pebble Mine in Alaska on the Bristol Bay. HUGE WIN for salmon, bears, trout and everything else in that region. Mad kudos.
democrats had tried to shut it down for years, Trump and repubs fully supported it, but starting running for it when the project fell under investigation due to conrruption. I will give Don Jr credit though, because he hunts and fishes up there.

democrats had tried to shut it down for years, Trump and repubs fully supported it, but starting running for it when the project fell under investigation due to conrruption. I will give Don Jr credit though, because he hunts and fishes up there.

Not true. Obama could have killed it but didn’t. Trump did. Say what you want about him, I’m not a fan of him either but he did finally put the nail in the coffin. Not only that but trump has opened access to more public land than any other president than Roosevelt. He has bucked the trend on how Republicans typically view the environment when paired with business. For his warts I applaud him for this.

Not true. Obama could have killed it but didn’t. Trump did. Say what you want about him, I’m not a fan of him either but he did finally put the nail in the coffin. Not only that but trump has opened access to more public land than any other president than Roosevelt. He has bucked the trend on how Republicans typically view the environment when paired with business. For his warts I applaud him for this.
you sound like u know what your talking about. Me, I'm just throwing chit on the wall to see what sticks.

Thanks for the news. It will never be reported by the msm.
That’s because it’s not news, Trump didn’t kill anything, just delayed due to heat per heat from Republicans per the article. Trumps also auctioning off drilling rights to the artic refuge. Trumps environmental policy has been a massive step back to help big business.

Reactions: rectomo

Always read the article before you post, he didn’t kill anything. Just delayed because Republicans didn’t like it. He’s also auctioning off Artic refuge drilling rights..https://missoulacurrent.com/outdoors/2020/11/permits-arctic-refuge/

Always read the article before you post, he didn’t kill anything. Just delayed because Republicans didn’t like it. He’s also auctioning off Artic refuge drilling rights..https://missoulacurrent.com/outdoors/2020/11/permits-arctic-refuge/
ditto homeboy-
The Army Corps of Engineers on Wednesday denied a permit for the proposed Pebble Mine in Alaska, likely dealing a death blow to a long-disputed project that aimed to extract one of the world’s largest deposits of copper and gold ore, but which threatened breeding grounds for salmon in the pristine Bristol Bay region.

New York Times

ditto homeboy-
The Army Corps of Engineers on Wednesday denied a permit for the proposed Pebble Mine in Alaska, likely dealing a death blow to a long-disputed project that aimed to extract one of the world’s largest deposits of copper and gold ore, but which threatened breeding grounds for salmon in the pristine Bristol Bay region.

New York Times
My mistake!

I agree. He also signed the Great American Outdoors Act a few months ago. I am always willing to give a man credit when it's due.

Is that where he designated land for outdoor recreational use?
It fully funded billions in backlogged Park maintenance funds and permanently funded the Land and Conservation fund. Critical needs neglected by Democrat and Republican administrations alike so that our country can enjoy national parks, forests, and monuments forever.

I actually know quite a bit about the Bristol Bay/Pebble Mine dispute because of my relationship with fishing companies that work the bay. This was a business decision. The money that comes out of that fishery simply overwhelmed the potential mining interests. Their lobbyists beat the mining lobbyists senseless. Trident alone spent millions of dollars courting political support - including Trump Jr.

As far as the Great American Outdoors Act, Trump signed this because of political pressures related to jobs and politics. His administration never developed or guided the legislation.

The legislation has been around for many years. Private citizens and bipartisan politicians who care about conservation have long supported this bill while other politicians', all Republican, have ignored it. Things changed this year due to Covid and the election. The national parks have a massive influence on the economy in western states. Businesses related to tourism have closed, having a devastating economic impact on communities that surround the parks. The Outdoors Act pumps much needed money into these communities.

The election also had an impact on the passing of this legislation. The main reason Trump agreed to sign the legislation is because Cory Gardner and Steve Daines were under threat by Hickenlooper and Bullock. The legislation is very popular in Colorado and Montana and Gardner and Daines were important co-sponsors. It was an easy pen stroke in an attempt to help protect a Republican senate majority.

Make no mistake, Trump is not and has never been a conservationist. He reduced Grand Staircase Escalante by 50%, has removed protection for multiple species by weakening the Endangered Species Act, reduced protection for wetlands, cut Bear Ears National Monument by over 85%, opened most of the US coast line to oil and gas drilling, reduced water and air safety standards, and has a general disdain, if not outright disbelief, for anything that will aid in the fight against global warming.

If you want to congratulate the ordinary citizens and bipartisan conservationist who saw an opportunity to get this necessary legislation passed and pushed it through, then please do. They deserve it. But offering congratulations to Trump for signing this legislation in some vacuous insinuation that he actually cares about the environment and national parks is ill-informed and deceitful. This president has never visited a single national park. He visited a national monument - Rushmore - in a super spreader event, wistfully staring up at the faces of great American presidents and wondering when his visage would be added.

Last edited:

Exactly what are Trump’s warts?

People are constantly ripping President Trump for some perceived shortcomings while ignoring the real shortcomings of others.

I can understand how people would be flummoxed is Trump had participated in a homosexual relationship with Larry Sinclair but the fact is he has never been accused of such behavior.

I can understand how people would have a problem if Trump had used a name completely different than his birth name, been a poor student and drug user but he had never been accused of that.

I can understand how people would have had a problem if Trump has been tight with Bill Ayers and Rev Jeremiah Wright but he has never been accused of that.

I can understand ho w people would have a problem if Trump traveled the world and apologized for America’s arrogance but he has never been accused of that.

What are President Trump’s shortcomings that cause people to constantly preface remarks about him?

People are constantly ripping President Trump for some perceived shortcomings while ignoring the real shortcomings of others.

I can understand how people would be flummoxed is Trump had participated in a homosexual relationship with Larry Sinclair but the fact is he has never been accused of such behavior.

I can understand how people would have a problem if Trump had used a name completely different than his birth name, been a poor student and drug user but he had never been accused of that.

I can understand how people would have had a problem if Trump has been tight with Bill Ayers and Rev Jeremiah Wright but he has never been accused of that.

I can understand ho w people would have a problem if Trump traveled the world and apologized for America’s arrogance but he has never been accused of that.

What are President Trump’s shortcomings that cause people to constantly preface remarks about him?
You make me laugh. Trump gets ripped for his shortcomings because he was President and ran again. Until the election, criticizing anyone else wasn't too relevant and feel free to criticize Biden - I'm not defending him.

I know you are smart enough to know Trump's shortcomings. They are many and have been seen constantly here. If you choose to not see them, so be it.

Reactions: randawg91
@rectomo Great write up and can't wait to hear the rebuttals. Some of the things he supposedly did were solely politically motivated. As you said he doesn't care about the environment- that involves science you know.

I'm sure people will add this to that "phony" list of his accomplishments that was circulating.

seriously? His tact and delivery and lack of any humility literally cost him a cakewalk of an election. He got “beat” by a guy with mashed potato brains. This isn’t coming from some liberal or even a moderate. I’m so conservative I’d make most people blush. As far as what I know about his policies I liked them. But they never had a chance to win in the court of public opinion because he did a horrible job selling them. Pair his policies with a like able personality and he cruises to re-election. You can say it’s not his job to make people like him...but apparently it can cost him his job.

Reactions: Stonewall Browne
seriously? His tact and delivery and lack of any humility literally cost him a cakewalk of an election. He got “beat” by a guy with mashed potato brains. This isn’t coming from some liberal or even a moderate. I’m so conservative I’d make most people blush. As far as what I know about his policies I liked them. But they never had a chance to win in the court of public opinion because he did a horrible job selling them. Pair his policies with a like able personality and he cruises to re-election. You can say it’s not his job to make people like him...but apparently it can cost him his job.

Or maybe you think he did a horrible job selling his policies because the media in this country either didn’t report his policies or covered them negatively and worked 24/7/365 X 4 to report him in a bad light.

We have gone over his “warts” countless times, you just ignore it. The fact that you would consider being gay and/or changing a last name as being potential issues says a lot about you though.

Reactions: celticdawg

Sorry GH, this is one the few times I have to disagree with you. This guy has more of a following than any president I’ve seen in my lifetime. I never thought anyone would exceed Ronald Reagan, but I think Trump just may have. He is unabashedly pro-America and has done everything he said he would do. He stepped out of the life of luxury into the hell hole of Washington and literally went to war against a horribly corrupt system and got lied about every second of every day he’s been there by an equally corrupt news media. Yet he’s accomplished so much for this country in spite of all the Satan spawn that has tried to take him down every step of the way. You don’t bring out the massive crowds like he did with his campaign rallies or the endless parades in his support by being someone who can’t win in the court of public opinion.

I actually know quite a bit about the Bristol Bay/Pebble Mine dispute because of my relationship with fishing companies that work the bay. This was a business decision. The money that comes out of that fishery simply overwhelmed the potential mining interests. Their lobbyists beat the mining lobbyists senseless. Trident alone spent millions of dollars courting political support - including Trump Jr.

As far as the Great American Outdoors Act, Trump signed this because of political pressures related to jobs and politics. His administration never developed or guided the legislation.

The legislation has been around for many years. Private citizens and bipartisan politicians who care about conservation have long supported this bill while other politicians', all Republican, have ignored it. Things changed this year due to Covid and the election. The national parks have a massive influence on the economy in western states. Businesses related to tourism have closed, having a devastating economic impact on communities that surround the parks. The Outdoors Act pumps much needed money into these communities.

The election also had an impact on the passing of this legislation. The main reason Trump agreed to sign the legislation is because Cory Gardner and Steve Daines were under threat by Hickenlooper and Bullock. The legislation is very popular in Colorado and Montana and Gardner and Daines were important co-sponsors. It was an easy pen stroke in an attempt to help protect a Republican senate majority.

Make no mistake, Trump is not and has never been a conservationist. He reduced Grand Staircase Escalante by 50%, has removed protection for multiple species by weakening the Endangered Species Act, reduced protection for wetlands, cut Bear Ears National Monument by over 85%, opened most of the US coast line to oil and gas drilling, reduced water and air safety standards, and has a general disdain, if not outright disbelief, for anything that will aid in the fight against global warming.

If you want to congratulate the ordinary citizens and bipartisan conservationist who saw an opportunity to get this necessary legislation passed and pushed it through, then please do. They deserve it. But offering congratulations to Trump for signing this legislation in some vacuous insinuation that he actually cares about the environment and national parks is ill-informed and deceitful. This president has never visited a single national park. He visited a national monument - Rushmore - in a super spreader event, wistfully staring up at the faces of great American presidents and wondering when his visage would be added.
like it when the big boys finally show up.

you sir,
are the surrender monkey that was accused from this beginning.
(ridiculous to kneel after being caught.)

pug remembers.
small slights turn Large.
you will never wear my friendship ring again.

there were articles in the NYT and WSJ on it yesterday, among others
The righties on here don’t even read MSM. They watch OAN, Sputnik, and now think FOX is too far left. Trump’s legal actions are the same as his business negotiations: he ends up in a worse position than when he started.

Last edited:
Reactions: randawg91
WTF? Lying Donnie didn't do anything. The mine application was rejected by THE CORP OF ENGINEERS on environmental concerns as well as complaits from native Americans living in the area. What really did it in were taped recordings of the CEO of the mining company bragging how he had the White House and EPA in his back pocket as well as both Alaska senators! Just more Trump Baby propaganda just like the supposedly rigged election.

Meanwhile, Lying Donnie has been trying to issue logging contracts in an area in Alaska he removed protections from. Yeah, that Trump Baby is a real champion of national forests and parks.

0*q7VrQd3AAKKsYKsw.jpg

WTF? Lying Donnie didn't do anything. The mine application was rejected by THE CORP OF ENGINEERS on environmental concerns as well as complaits from native Americans living in the area. What really did it in were taped recordings of the CEO of the mining company bragging how he had the White House and EPA in his back pocket as well as both Alaska senators! Just more Trump Baby propaganda just like the supposedly rigged election.

Meanwhile, Lying Donnie has been trying to issue logging contracts in an area in Alaska he removed protections from. Yeah, that Trump Baby is a real champion of national forests and parks.

0*q7VrQd3AAKKsYKsw.jpg
Go change your tampon.

you will never wear my friendship ring again.

never did.
I'm like you only different.

pug doesn't tippy toe.
diatribes are easily traced.
fluctuations, manner of presentation,
it's fair to say that the same random fools
will forever Play.?!

I don't think you deserve into this building.

make of it what you fear!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT