ADVERTISEMENT

Many here claim the USA should stop $$$$ war in Ukraine to prevent WWIII by that logic we should also stop $$$$ Israel to prevent another GWOT.....

There is too much pressure on Israel imho 1) for them to continue to exert outward pressure in the settlements and 2) for us to end the special relationship. We have to wait out Netanyahu's term. That guy... is a jackass. Even more so than in the US, Israel needs a new generation to pass into leadership.

Those two examples don't follow the same logic, imo.

1. Terrorism is not solely in response to the existence of Israel
2. Putin w/ a fear of regime change is a legitimate threat to employ nuclear weapons

My only issue w/ funding Ukraine is the 'blank check' & lack of accountability of where/how those funds are being used.

Genesis 12:3........"I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you". Israel is the key to everything. The U.S. should support Israel, although not uncondtionally. BUT, when it comes to a two state solution, it is best to scrap any idea about that and daddy Bush's original "two state solution", which every President has supported. God WILL NOT ALLOW Israel giving land away.

Trump started off killing it on supporting Israel. BUT son-in-law Jared and the Abraham Accords (which supports a two state solution) took him down. January 28, 2020 the Abraham Accords announced/agreed upon. January 29 Covid breaks out. September 16, 2020 Hurricane Sally (Sarah in Hebrew) makes landfall while signing the Abraham Accords in Washington, D.C. is taking place. January 6, 2021 a Trump official is in Sudan signing them up for the Abraham Accords.

August 23, 2005 President Bush forces Israeli Jews to LEAVE their homes and business and give to the made up Palestinian people. Hurricane Katrina forms off the African coast.

July 2012 Republican convention - originally supported the two state solution. Hurricane ISSAC ( SEVEN years after Katrina) hits Tamps and ruins the convention......tracks into the Gulf on the same tract as Katrina.

EVERYTIME the U.S. has acted against Israel and tried to give some of her land away, we have had financial disasters, fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc.

2. Putin w/ a fear of regime change is a legitimate threat to employ nuclear weapons

My only issue w/ funding Ukraine is the 'blank check' & lack of accountability of where/how those funds are being used.
Yes. This is that problem no one from the left wants to talk about. I don’t like us giving them money so they have a little in their pocket while we have folks on the streets here. That is just stupid. These are two totally different situations as well. Israel has also been an ally for a long time. Don’t remember the ukraine ever being one. As soon as they can they would turn on us for their benefit.

I don’t like Russia either. They are getting what they deserve. No reason to give a blank check to any country. Especially one who isn’t a traditional ally.

Last edited:

The Israeli/Palestinian conflict has long been a rallying cry for extremists in the Middle East. Also to say the terrorism is not solely in response to the existence of Israel is to ignore the heavy handed tactics and stealing of land that Israel has been perpetrating against the Palestinians for decades. The evidence is there that our blind loyalty to Israel has caused them to not push for a 2 state solution and real peace in the Middle East.

Also no one on the left wants to give them a blank check and want accountability as well but why are the same questions not asked of Israel by the Right? Those here argue that our open ended support of Ukraine is causing the war in Ukraine to needlessly drag on well why not the same for Israel is my issue.

Reactions: nice marmot
Yes. This is that problem no one from the left wants to talk about. I don’t like us giving them money so they have a little in their pocket while we have folks on the streets here. That is just stupid. These are two totally different situations as well. Israel has also been an ally for a long time. Don’t remember the ukraine ever being one. As soon as they can they would turn on us for their benefit.

I don’t like Russia either. They are getting what they deserve. No reason to give a blank check to any country. Especially one who isn’t a traditional ally.
Here the thing, the Ukraine War is a God send to the US for two reason:

1) Weakens Russia to the point that the EU with confidence could roll Russia if they tried anything
2) Allows the US to shift military forces to the Pacific where the real fight would be and that's against China.

This war kills two birds with one stone and we've destroyed the Russian military and nearly seen a coup without the loss of a single American military member.

Reactions: nice marmot

1) Weakens Russia to the point that the EU with confidence could roll Russia if they tried anything
2) Allows the US to shift military forces to the Pacific where the real fight would be and that's against China.

This war kills two birds with one stone and we've destroyed the Russian military and nearly seen a coup without the loss of a single American military member.
Was #1 in doubt before this war started?

Reactions: sanforddawg11
The media and our experts have been wrong or lying to us the entire time. I don't know who is more incompetent, them or the Russian military.

Either way, this is all a mmilitary-industrialcomplex wet dream.
All can be true to a degree of course but if you think about historical geo-political enemies of the US Russia has been #1, a weak Russia means more focus can be given to China.

And agree about what you said concerning the military industrial complex but that doesn't mean US is wrong here.

Honest question.

What global danger does an unprovoked Israel pose to the world?

Open to opinion here.
Their response to the Palestine has always been a huge roadblock to peace and a rallying cry for extremists.

Their response to the Palestine has always been a huge roadblock to peace and a rallying cry for extremists.
There is no such thing as Palestine. There are no such people as Palestinians. The land belongs to Israel.

Reactions: oldmandawg
The Israeli/Palestinian conflict has long been a rallying cry for extremists in the Middle East. Also to say the terrorism is not solely in response to the existence of Israel is to ignore the heavy handed tactics and stealing of land that Israel has been perpetrating against the Palestinians for decades. The evidence is there that our blind loyalty to Israel has caused them to not push for a 2 state solution and real peace in the Middle East.

Also no one on the left wants to give them a blank check and want accountability as well but why are the same questions not asked of Israel by the Right? Those here argue that our open ended support of Ukraine is causing the war in Ukraine to needlessly drag on well why not the same for Israel is my issue.
You misunderstood me or are using strawmen. GWOT includes conflict that does not involve or source Israel in any aspect. Thus, the logic you provided initially is flawed.

I was merely pointing out your inaccurate (imo) parallels.

Also, maybe because Israel doesn't have a similar blank check & lack of accounting? Again, I don't think your logic holds water, regardless of my views of either situation.

I don’t disagree with that. It has actually worked out for us. So far. Originally posted before that the supposed numbers are actually 5 percent of the military budget with a 50 percent decrease of the Russian army. Not sure I believe those numbers, but those are good numbers if true. I hope they are. There still should be some accountability of what this money is being used for. Not sure being this involved is such a good thing. How we handle Taiwan will be interesting. We pushed to the brink with Russia. I don’t think they will forget.

Last edited:

Two more thoughts:

1. To put it another way: remove Israel support from the equation & the US is still a target of Radical Islamic Terrorism. It's only a single item on a list of reasons.

2. Even if your GWOT logic was 100% accurate, a single exchange of nuclear weapons could exponentially kill more people than the entire death toll of GWOT & the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, combined.

I think you could make an argument against supporting Israel that doesn't try to shoehorn Ukraine logic into a shape it doesn't fit.

All can be true to a degree of course but if you think about historical geo-political enemies of the US Russia has been #1, a weak Russia means more focus can be given to China.

And agree about what you said concerning the military industrial complex but that doesn't mean US is wrong here.
Russia is Russia and the Clintons and Obama were busy trying to build relationships while conservatives remained skeptical.

All of a sudden when 45 got in Russia went back to being Cold War threat. Seems to me that Russia is a political boogeyman. Yes, they are a major geopolitical rival, but that doesn't mean they're some immediate threat to us or even moreso than China.

Geopolitics is BS. The threat of Islamic terrorism just vanished along with the threat of North Korea launching nukes at any moment. That was all replaced overnight with Russia being a cybersecurity threat and now with the Ukraine invasion, somehow they are an imminent nuclear threat again.

It's all silly and none of us know what's really going on. A bunch of elites playing games with billions of lives.

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
Russia is Russia and the Clintons and Obama were busy trying to build relationships while conservatives remained skeptical.

All of a sudden when 45 got in Russia went back to being Cold War threat. Seems to me that Russia is a political boogeyman. Yes, they are a major geopolitical rival, but that doesn't mean they're some immediate threat to us or even moreso than China.

Geopolitics is BS. The threat of Islamic terrorism just vanished along with the threat of North Korea launching nukes at any moment. That was all replaced overnight with Russia being a cybersecurity threat and now with the Ukraine invasion, somehow they are an imminent nuclear threat again.

It's all silly and none of us know whta at's really going on. A bunch of elites playing games with billions of lives.

elites want to stay high.
meddles want to unsurp.
the poor aim to try...

Reactions: PotimusWillie

Man the EU will never stand up to Russia they won’t even look after themselves without US dollars. They don’t even support NATO why do you think Trump got after their ass about not giving them their fair share.

Reactions: PotimusWillie

It's all silly and none of us know what's really going on. A bunch of elites playing games with billions of lives.
This is like drunk history. There are literally hundreds of articles about the 360 that Putin did.

This is like drunk history. There are literally hundreds of articles about the 360 that Putin did.
360 as in him running a circle around us?

I don't know the man. I haven't seen any nukes flying our way either. He's Russia's problem and currently Ukraine's.

We inject ourselves in world events because we try to control the world.

It is what it is...are we the world police or not? Let's at least be honest about it.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
360 as in him running a circle around us?

I don't know the man. I haven't seen any nukes flying our way either. He's Russia's problem and currently Ukraine's.

We inject ourselves in world events because we try to control the world.

It is what it is...are we the world police or not? Let's at least be honest about it.
on the high seas, most certainly.

as for Putin - 180 / 360 whatever you want to call it. He played it all reformer at first and then changed up and so Russia again became a focus.

We should Not stop $ to UKR because of “war”. It isn’t a war, it’s a regional conflict. We are only sending help to UKR because it is the Swiss Army knife for money laundering.

Too many became giddy at the thought of a deposed Putin. The truth is, like it or not, that Putin has never been more popular in Russia than he is now. In fact he’s more popular in non-western countries than he’s ever been.

By weaponizing our money system, it set up the US as the bad, untrustworthy guy in the eyes of many other countries.

To the contrary, a few people here think we should send $$$$ to UKR to protect democracy, which is a joke. UKR is so far from a democracy. Zelensky has outlawed opposing political parties, taken control of all news media and destroyed any personal freedoms and liberties that could have possibly existed. No matter who prevails, the people of UKR will still be subject to an evil communist government.

They are a huge money laundering population, and that is the only interest our government has in the place.

Reactions: Dawg 'n IT

I knew this guy would back the Palestinians. Ignorance be thy blissful name. Those brown ppl were expelled from Jordan and no other Arab or Persian country will take them in. In fact, the ONLY country over there willing to take them in is Israel — in exchange for peace.

Before you retort with some stupid crap you heard on MSNBC or some BLM (Klan) rally, give us a link to the Constitution of the country of Palestine, and while you’re at it, give us the link to the bio of Palestine’s first President.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT