ADVERTISEMENT

Marco Rubio

Guy knows an opportunity when he sees it. Or at least his campaign does.

Those left wingers at the NY Times certainly managed to do exactly the opposite of what they were trying to do. Now Rubio is the "guy next door" and represents everybody bogged down with student loans and anyone who's ever gotten a ticket. Brilliant move by the Libs at the Times. LOL!

Those left wingers at the NY Times certainly managed to do exactly the opposite of what they were trying to do. Now Rubio is the "guy next door" and represents everybody bogged down with student loans and anyone who's ever gotten a ticket. Brilliant move by the Libs at the Times. LOL!
I try to keep my politics out of the conversation on here but I can always point to moment when politician owns the media -- and vice versa. Rubio turned this thing around pretty well. Can say I am one of those folks who doesn't mind seeing the Times catch a little grief. I don't care for agenda driven news from either side.

I try to keep my politics out of the conversation on here but I can always point to moment when politician owns the media -- and vice versa. Rubio turned this thing around pretty well. Can say I am one of those folks who doesn't mind seeing the Times catch a little grief. I don't care for agenda driven news from either side.
I don't read the times either. But have been watching Rubio 'cause I kind of like him. There's another 18 mos till election. But....I believe this started with the Miami paper and NYT jumped on it and went further. Here's the article, Rubio in this letter was a bit disingenuous, left some pertinent info out. That said, the media go too far at times. But even Romney flagged his spending vs income when vetting. I wonder if Rubio (as others) is running for VP with Jeb more than actually running for Prez. Or the other theory, that little meeting Jeb and Romney had earlier in the year when Romney was a possible candidate again, was an agreement for Romney to come in and save the party late in the game. Who knows, as I said, a long time for any on either side. Hate we have to listen to it non stop for over a year. : )
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=2
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=2

F the mainstream media. And by F, of course I mean "forget". Alternative news sources are where it's at

I don't read the times either. But have been watching Rubio 'cause I kind of like him. There's another 18 mos till election. But....I believe this started with the Miami paper and NYT jumped on it and went further. Here's the article, Rubio in this letter was a bit disingenuous, left some pertinent info out. That said, the media go too far at times. But even Romney flagged his spending vs income when vetting. I wonder if Rubio (as others) is running for VP with Jeb more than actually running for Prez. Or the other theory, that little meeting Jeb and Romney had earlier in the year when Romney was a possible candidate again, was an agreement for Romney to come in and save the party late in the game. Who knows, as I said, a long time for any on either side. Hate we have to listen to it non stop for over a year. : )

I was a big fan until he hooked up with Lindsey Grahamnesty and Juan McCain and promoted amnesty. He's backed off now, but I no longer trust him.

When the Gray Lady takes out her long knives, you know you are doing something right!

I was a big fan until he hooked up with Lindsey Grahamnesty and Juan McCain and promoted amnesty. He's backed off now, but I no longer trust him.
Like they say, Republicans hate each other more than they hate Democrats. I don't get why Rubio remained signed on to the turd that the Gang of Eight put out. Maybe because he knew it wouldn't go anywhere and he wanted to look like he could work with the Dems. He's probably the best chance the GOP will have to beat Hillary. Presidents don't pass legislation, but they do appoint SCOTUS justices, and it is crucial that the Repubs have the ability to do that over the next 4-8 years or else we really are effed.

Reactions: Radi Nabulsi
Like they say, Republicans hate each other more than they hate Democrats. I don't get why Rubio remained signed on to the turd that the Gang of Eight put out. Maybe because he knew it wouldn't go anywhere and he wanted to look like he could work with the Dems. He's probably the best chance the GOP will have to beat Hillary. Presidents don't pass legislation, but they do appoint SCOTUS justices, and it is crucial that the Repubs have the ability to do that over the next 4-8 years or else we really are effed.

I'll sure support him over Hillary, but Hillary hasn't a prayer. I'm not worried about her. I'm more concerned that Jeb Bush will win. I'm a Cruz/Carson/Walker/Fiorina/Rubio camp....then Rick Perry.......Bush, Christy, Huckabee and Kasich can all take a hike.

I don't watch the Daily Show but this was awesome. Jon Stewart rips the NY Times

I DO watch Jon Stewart and hate he's retiring.He is the best at bringing out the absolutely outrageous "reporting" by tv, radio and print, as well as the stupid things candidates say and do and voters as well. He'll be missed when the campaigns get going full speed. I am sort of surprised, he didn't bring up Rubio using the GOP (state) credit card to pay for personal stuff (he paid it back) and the house in Tally he co owned that was going into foreclosure and took a loss on it. (usually, he points out ALL flaws) But I guess he was covering the outrageous stuff NYT reported like speeding tix, boat and car. A lot of Rubio money mismanagement was when he was much younger (and in state house) but making good money and overspent. That happens quite frequently to just about anybody when young. Make $$', gotta spend it! Although, unlike Rubio, I'd make dang sure I had enough not to have to move in with MY inlaws. LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT