ADVERTISEMENT

ND: Could the Bears turn the #1 pick into an absolute haul?

Riskadvisor

National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2019
So I was thinking about the upcoming draft and was thinking about what the Bears could do with their 1.1 pick. Please opine or correct me if any of this logic seems off.

• Washington is supposedly enamored with Caleb Williams, especially with Kingsbury as their new OC. I think they would pay up to get their guy:
    • The Trade: Chicago's #1 pick for Washington's #2 + 1st rounder in 2025 + 2nd rounder in 2024 (#35) *Note: the Commanders also have pick #40 and maybe Chicago could get more than this package.
  • So now you have the 2nd pick and the Patriots may be enamored with one of the 2 remaining QBs (Maye and Daniels). Trading up to #2 ensures that they get their choice.
    • The Trade: Chicago's #2 pick for New England's #3 + 1st rounder in 2025 + 2nd rounder in 2024 (#34) *Note: Might be steep to get both the 1st and a 2nd rounder.
  • So now you have the 3rd pick and Atlanta needs a QB and you could play them against another QB needy team (Denver).
    • The Trade: Chicago's #3 pick for Atlanta's #8 + 1st rounder in 2025 + 3rd rounder in 2024 (#74)
  • So now you have the #8 pick and could take McCarthy at QB (if you were convinced Fields isn't the guy) or someone like Dallas Turner, one of the top OL, or one of the top WR/TEs. And you have added 3 2025 1st round picks along with picks #34, #35, and #74. You could rebuild your entire team on this year's draft alone plus own next year's draft.

Reactions: jimjr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News