ADVERTISEMENT

ND Legal advice.

Calebhuff4

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2021
I'll try to make this short.

Hired a painter. They verbally (not contractually) told me when the job would be finished. It was not finished by then and they wanted me to wait 3 more days with no kitchen for it to be finished. I expressed my frustrations calmly and tactfully, and the conversation quickly went south to the point of indirect threats from the painter. I fired him, and told him he was not to set foot in my house again. He said "I'll be waiting for you when you get home" and things like "we'll see if you say this to me when I'm at your house when you get home today." I felt threatened at that point.

The contractual agreement between us was for $3,000 to start the job, and $4,000 to finish it. The job is not finished, and I obviously don't want them in my house due to the threats that I received via text. I filed a police report with the sheriff's dept to have it on record that I felt threatened so if anything were to happen when they come get their tools, I'll have that to lean on. I've got pictures of the incomplete work.

Lawyers of the vent, what should I be aware of here? What advice can you give me?

Thanks in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: ghostofcrowell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News