ADVERTISEMENT

ND: New plan (house)

Calebhuff4

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2021
So my real estate agent came by my house yesterday to put a number on our house that in short was a lot lower than his guesstimate before doing any research on what our area has done over the last couple of years. In short, it is not going to work out with getting the new house and that is OK! We're good with it!

Basically the situation we are in now is similar to a lot of others. We can double our rate and loan amount for the same house in a different area, get a much nicer house in the area we want but it be tight on our budget, OR.... get our current house looking GOOD. Hopefully these changes will increase the value of our house and who knows? Maybe rates will drop, the market will fall out, or we will get unaccounted for pay raises at some point and can get a new house later. God closed the door on us this go around and I'm thankful for it! So here is what we are thinking with our current house (chime in here with suggestions if you'd like):

Interior paint
Paint cabinets
Replace floors
Extend our patio and cover it for a gameday porch. Outdoor kitchen, a bar, a TV and all.
Expand our backyard and build a privacy fence
Turn the garage into a mancave (unsure about this one in case we decide to sell down the road).
Long term we want an inground salt water pool

Any contractors and/or handymen on the vent?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News