ADVERTISEMENT

ND - spent weekend in Athens dropping off son, downtown looks rough

They don’t with us. We have been going for years. Have never had one issue.
You made my point. I am glad you go and enjoy games but you are protected, as you should be. You bring the town tons of money. The homeless crazy panhandler problem disappears on gameday as long as you just stay in the part of downtown where you are supposed to stay. They sweep the streets of that problem on tourist weekends. But you may see the real deal before its over if you keep coming and Athens doesnt do something soon.

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
They don’t with us. We have been going for years. Have never had one issue.
You made my point. I am glad you go and enjoy games but you are protected, as you should be. You bring them money. The homeless crazy panhandler problem disappears on gameday as long as you just stay in the part of downtown where you are supposed to stay. They sweep the streets of that problem on tourist weekends. But you may see the real deal before its over if you keep coming and Athens doesnt do something s
In the street, same as they do now. I’ve asked several LTL drivers that come to my place of business. You can’t turn a ‘53 foot truck down those side streets. All of them said they will still Unload in the middle of the street as usual.
Gotcha. You are right about the side streets. I've seen a big truck try that turn before.

Speaking of that flamer Mayor of Athens.
What an insult to people's intelligence...
The Classic City, keeping it classy... Newly formed, “Police Advisory Board Development Task Force”, whose members were appointed by ACC Mayor Kelly Girtz. Members include:

Mokah Jasmine Johnson-Democratic candidate for GA House District 117, founder of Athens-Anti Discrimination Movement, led effort to end cash bail in Athens-Clarke County and has pledged commitment to end cash bail state-wide if elected.

Nikema Stovall- Currently has 3 pending criminal cases in ACC. All are family violence related. 1) ST20CR0305-Simple Battery(FVA) & Disorderly Conduct, released 1/16/2020 on $1k “OR” bond. 2) 20PI0416- False imprisonment(FVA), Simple Battery(FVA), & Criminal Trespass(FVA), released 3/11/2020 GS bond. 3) 20PA1066- Violation of Family Violence Order(FVA), released 07/22/2020 on $5k “OR” Bond. Has a lengthy arrest history including drug trafficking.

Jaivious Collins- Initially indicted 2/23/16. Rape, False Imprisonment, Criminal Attempt to Commit Sodomy, Interference with Witness, Tampering with Evidence. Pled Guilty to Child Molestation on 11/30/2017. (SU17CR0955)

Stephanie Flores- SU18CR1004- 4/14/2018 Felony Obstruction of LEO, Poss. Schedule 2 Controlled Substance, Poss. Schedule 4 Controlled Substance x2, & Simple Battery LEO. Pled Guilty on 9/5/2019 to Drugs not in Original Container and Disorderly Conduct.

And people wonder wtf is wrong with this town.
WOW. I am loving my "UGA" experience less and less each year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT