ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Need recommendations on areas to buy a home in GA...finally coming back after 20 years...

The Hobnail Kid

National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2002
Olympia, WA
I just retired from the Army a couple months ago and once my daughter and son finish their senior year of high school in May 2024, we are going to finally move back to Georgia! We are from Macon and may go back, but wanted to look at some other areas before we decide. We want to make this move our last if possible, so want to find a great spot to set up shop.
We are currently out in Olympia, WA and won't have much, if any, opportunity to scout out areas in person until we actually move back, so I wanted to ask the Dawgvent experts for suggestions to help narrow our search.
We are lucky enough to have both found jobs working remotely, so we are wide open really to any area of the state with the following basic criteria:
- 2/3 hour drive from Athens (want a fairly easy drive getting to games and hopefully my daughter will be there as a student. Heck, we may just move to Athens if we can find a place we can afford)
- an area with amenities within a 15 minute drive (restaurants, grocery stores, movie theater, hospital)
- outside the perimeter of Atlanta
- looking for a 4/3 or 4/2 home under $400k if possible, but by first glance, it looks like west coast home prices have unfortunately arrived in Georgia

I appreciate any and all suggestions on town, subdivisions, etc to take a look at....can't wait to get back home to Georgia!!!

Thank you Dawg brothers and sisters!!

P.S. I did an internet search and found an article that listed the following 5 areas as best places to buy a home in Georgia. Can anyone confirm or deny?
1. Dacula
2. Watkinsville
3. Berkeley Lake
4. Grayson
5. Tyrone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News