ADVERTISEMENT

News coverage on a Monday for Devon Archer

Well when your side wants to change history to make it sound as though slavery benefited AA and was some sort of jobs program, I'll pick Joe over your side any day.
My side wants to change history. Lol. You do like to walk into fastballs. Which side freed slaves again? Who changed that history? This post was so bad. I didn’t read all of it. I should have. I appreciate the irony. You are voting for the party that wanted to keep slavery around. You can argue semantics all you want. But that is the real history.

I just went to NBCnews.com and the story was on page one:

Why don’t you ask google. Just type in live coverage of the devin archer interviews. I will hang up and listen. A huge interview pertinent to the 24 election. None of them covered it live other than fox. This is bad.

The Wall Street journal had coverage out faster than cnbc.

Last edited:
No one on the left has claimed Hunter is an angle and not a POS...the dudes a dirt bag. In peddled his fathers position into lucrative corporate positions but under our shitty political system that ain't a crime. You want to make a law that outlaws influence peddling and lobbying I'm all for it 100%. If you're in government office all your financial records should e made public, let's have real finance campaign reform, let's get l the super PAC and dark money out of politics and elections. Find a crime, and this isn't a dear or challenge but find me a specific crime to investigate that hasn't already been disroven and I'm onboard.
"Find a crime"?

That's not how a legit legal process works. That is how bannana republics work. We have to be above that, or we are done.

I'm all for getting $$$ out of politics, but let's not pretend that a confirmed $10M+ going to multiple members of a VP's family, across dozens of foreign banks, with no legitimate product or service to show for it, is anything other than questionable (at best). Seriously?

Watergate was potentially less serious than this. We are talking legit foreign influence on US policy for big $$$. Ukraine is the gateway drug...China is what has me worried. You're not worried? You're smarter than that. You haven't even acknowledged that this potentially looks really bad. You can hate Trump and still admit Biden is not in a great place.

I just dont know how anyone is defending POTUS, right now. Every new bit of info makes it look worse, and puts him in a corner. There is very little room to maneuver, based on what has been presented.

Why don’t you ask google. Just type in live coverage of the devin archer interviews. I will hang up and listen.
The OP stated that there was no on-line coverage by NBC News of the Archer testimony, and this is another reason why the MSM can't be trusted.

I was simply pointing out that NBC New.com did have on-line coverage of the testimony.

Was that too hard for you to understand?

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
I just went to NBCnews.com and the story was on page one:

So, "(D) Rep. Daniel Goldman said Devon Archer told..."

I don't think Goldman is the spokesperson you want to quote. He confirmed that Joe Biden took part in multiple phone calls w/ Hunter, from foreign entities that paid Hunter big $$$. The walk-back from the WH of Joe Biden's involvement is ridiculous.

From "Never discussed business deals..."

to

"Never in business with..."

...it's been a changing narrative, as more details emerge.

"Find a crime"?

That's not how a legit legal process works. That is how bannana republics work. We have to be above that, or we are done.

I'm all for getting $$$ out of politics, but let's not pretend that a confirmed $10M+ going to multiple members of a VP's family, across dozens of foreign banks, with no legitimate product or service to show for it, is anything other than questionable (at best). Seriously?

Watergate was potentially less serious than this. We are talking legit foreign influence on US policy for big $$$. Ukraine is the gateway drug...China is what has me worried. You're not worried? You're smarter than that. You haven't even acknowledged that this potentially looks really bad. You can hate Trump and still admit Biden is not in a great place.

I just dont know how anyone is defending POTUS, right now. Every new bit of info makes it look worse, and puts him in a corner. There is very little room to maneuver, based on what has been presented.
I see the angle being played. He was on the phone with them when business wasn’t discussed. Then later hunter would call and threaten them saying his father was sitting next to him. This is how joe will claim he didn’t know the business dealings. This is how he will try to skate. He had numerous conversations with hunters business associates. Something joe had denied on camera over twenty times. Including at one of the debates. He outright lied to the american people in the debate and several other times on camera. This is the spin the left will go with. This is how archer can avoid trouble with the biden’s. I don’t know how this does anything for the American people with a brain. Pretty obvious what was happening here. Joe was part of the plan and kept plausible deniability. I know they made a mistake somewhere. It will come out.

So, "(D) Rep. Daniel Goldman said Devon Archer told..."

I don't think Goldman is the spokesperson you want to quote. He confirmed that Joe Biden took part in multiple phone calls w/ Hunter, from foreign entities that paid Hunter big $$$. The walk-back from the WH of Joe Biden's involvement is ridiculous.

From "Never discussed business deals..."

to

"Never in business with..."

...it's been a changing narrative, as more details emerge.
The article I attached from NBC also has several quotes from Comer, and even one from Andy Biggs.

It is not just quotes from Goldman.

The OP stated that there was no on-line coverage by NBC News of the Archer testimony, and this is another reason why the MSM can't be trusted.

I was simply pointing out that NBC New.com did have on-line coverage of the testimony.

Was that too hard for you to understand?
Apparently you tried to spin it. You know exactly what he meant. And what I meant. Lol. I think I understand exactly where your bs post stands and what it means. Nice try. Do better. I see you didn’t google live coverage. Video longer than a 2-5 minute clip. Doesn’t exist from cbs, nbc or abc. Cnn or cnbc.

I see the angle being played. He was on the phone with them when business wasn’t discussed. Then later hunter would call and threaten them saying his father was sitting next to him. This is how joe will claim he didn’t know the business dealings. This is how he will try to skate. He had numerous conversations with hunters business associates. Something joe had denied on camera over twenty times. Including at one of the debates. He outright lied to the american people in the debate and several other times on camera. This is the spin the left will go with. This is how archer can avoid trouble with the biden’s. I don’t know how this does anything for the American people with a brain. Pretty obvious what was happening here. Joe was part of the plan and kept plausible deniability. I know they made a mistake somewhere. It will come out.

It's already a proven lie, based on what Joe said multiple times in public vs. what Hunter said (under oath) in court. But, those invested in believing that "Defending Biden" = "Anti-Trump", will never understand.

It's about the rule of law, accountability, & making government accountable to its citizens.

FYI, if you really want to get pissed off...READ THIS ARTICLE, in full. There is so much there...I don't have the energy to defend it, here ;)

It's already a proven lie, based on what Joe said multiple times in public vs. what Hunter said (under oath) in court. But, those invested in believing that "Defending Biden" = "Anti-Trump", will never understand.

It's about the rule of law, accountability, & making government accountable to its citizens.

FYI, if you really want to get pissed off...READ THIS ARTICLE, in full. There is so much there...I don't have the energy to defend it, here ;)
Just read the article. Good god.

Reactions: Moosefish
Bad.

But again, that was not the premise of this thread, the premise was that the MSM was ignoring this story.
When he posted in fairness it was 1240. You posted an article that hit their site at 8:40pm. Now if you want to stick with this defense. So be it. If you think they covered this with the proper fervor, you will never think otherwise

Fair enough.

But, in fairness, the OPs post was made before the testimony. I'm not sure what could be ignored (IF it was being ignored) after the actual testimony.
Haha. Like minds. By the way. His article that hit the top of their front page. Was posted at 8:40 pm. Fwiw. Which isn’t much.

Reactions: Moosefish
What is interesting to me is this:

1. What Trump has been accused of: Actual evidence has been under-whelming (even if he is guilty of 'something'...I'm referring to the high-level accusations of things like treason, etc.) What is in the courts now is no where near the levels of "Russia Agent" we regularly heard discussed on cable news shows. The 'target' has been constantly moving.

Working Stock Market GIF by Adult Swim

2. What Biden has been accused of: Actual evidence remains 'level' & has suggested even more. In other words, coverage has downplayed it until evidence is presented. Then, it's been discounted & 'new standards' have been set. The media has been complicit & it's stupid, at this point.

Donald Trump Thumbs Up GIF by Justin Gammon

Again: I'm not "MAGA" & it's silly to suggest that simply discussing under-oath testimony before congress makes me such. Ignoring the potential here is just as bad as everything that "MAGA" has been accused of.

1. What Trump has been accused of: Actual evidence has been under-whelming (even if he is guilty of 'something'...I'm referring to the high-level accusations of things like treason, etc.) What is in the courts now is no where near the levels of "Russia Agent" we regularly heard discussed on cable news shows. The 'target' has been constantly moving.

2. What Biden has been accused of: Actual evidence remains 'level' & has suggested even more. In other words, coverage has downplayed it until evidence is presented. Then, it's been discounted & 'new standards' have been set. The media has been complicit & it's stupid, at this point.

Again: I'm not "MAGA" & it's silly to suggest that simply discussing under-oath testimony before congress makes me such. Ignoring the potential here is just as bad as everything that "MAGA" has been accused of.
Don’t go there. It is going to come out that we almost lost the republic due to him. The whole country would have changed overnight to a dictatorship of sorts. It was on a razors edge. If trump goes away, honestly it won’t bother me a bit. Both he and Biden need to disappear. We need to hit reset. Doesn’t seem like either side is going to let that happen.

Sorry, I can't stand the cognitive dissonance & accompanying dishonesty:

From the same article in the NYT:

In 2019, Mr. Biden also repeatedly said he had “never discussed” and had “never spoken to” Hunter Biden about his business dealings...

...It has long been known that the elder Mr. Biden at times interacted with his son’s business partners.

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

EDIT: FWIW nothing pisses me off more than corruption.

CBS and NBC - no on-line coverage at all
Drudge - no on-line coverage at all (all they cover is anti Trump)
CNN - a blurb buried at bottom of their political coverage
Fox - top story all weekend and Monday

I assume this Archer guy is going to say Joe is lying and he was heavily involved in Hunters business dealings. Regardless, we would hope this story would be covered at some detail by all the networks. I personally feel Fox has over covered it and the other networks have grossly under covered it. This story alone could be the poster child for where our main stream media currently stands and why they are no longer trusted
Crickets on CNN about this huge story witness confirming bribery seeking the US out by Biden. Journalism is dead. We truly have state run media with a small number of exceptions!

A couple of what ifs:
What if biden has been blackmailed by China to push EV, solar and other Green New Deal crap which benefits China enormously?
What if Zelinsky is blackmailing Biden for cash and military equipment?
What if China is onboard with the Zelinsky shakedown? No US bullets left when China storms Taiwan?
What if China has blackmailed Biden into reckless fiscal policy to destroy the dollar’s standing as the global currency to be replaced by the yuan?

What if Biden is as big of a senile old fool as he appears and has gotten himself into the mess with the help of his half retarded kid? What if Obama put Biden in charge of Ukraine in order to orchestrate the corruption and diminishment of American standing?

It would be bad, that’s what if.
Sadly I think all those what ifs are true and more

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Moose again what was the crime? Who was bribed and for what?
Seriously you cannot be this stupid! So these countries pour millions into the Biden bank accounts for fun? They bought influence for policy decisions made and I’m sure some happening now were bought or they are blackmailing him. How many credible whistleblowers and others need to come forward. Did you hear Tony Bobolinski before the election? And now the Bidens have offshore accounts? Why did they set up countless LLCs to funnel the money through if everything done was legit? And joe says he’s never talked to Hunter about his business and had no contact but there are photos of him with hunters business associates , they went to the White House to meet with Biden as VP, he spoke at least 20 times on speaker phone with foreign business associates of Hunter and you believe they were just talking about the weather? This is the biggest corruption our nation has ever seen in a president. Biden is total scum. Treasonous. Again, if you are this dumb there’s no way you attended UGA.

You believe the actual evidence on Trump has been underwhelming? You are definitely one of the more reasonable and consistent people on here but that assertion blows my mind to such a degree I think i am misunderstanding what you are saying.

He publicaly asked Russia to hack Dem emails, which they did. His campaign asked that those emails be released within hours of the p**sygrab tape going public, and they were. He told the world he believed Putin and not our own intelligence services on the matter, which was both a lie and a national humiliation.

In the first Impeachment, the primary evidence were his own words asking for dirt for aid.

J6, you don’t feel there is good evidence? The fact that he knowingly lied about election fraud? The fake electors? The pressure on Barr to go along and confirm fraud? The very public pressure on Pence? The fact that he failed to tell his followers to stand down and disperse for nearly three hours?

And the evidence in the Documents case, which is overwhelming, prominently features yet again Trump’s own public statements.

Regarding the actual evidence against Biden, this clip from last night is likely indicative of how the republicans are feeling about their prospects.

Last edited:
Bad.

But again, that was not the premise of this thread, the premise was that the MSM was ignoring this story.
At 12:05 pm yesterday, none of the MSM had any reference to fact a witness was before Congress under oath saying President Biden was lying and was in on 20 plus phone calls on Hunters deals. Meanwhile every MSM site covered what might occur in Atlanta with Trump. You point to a subsequent article advising the MSM is covering , yes, after the fact. This should have been covered wall to wall on all networks.

So far, I haven't heard ANYONE ask the obvious question.

WHY would Hunter Biden call his dad, and have him speak to business associates, 20 plus times?

I'm sure the Vice President of the United States has better things to do, than discuss the weather.

It defies common sense.

But I'd like to hear reasonable explanations from Democrats. If these conversations were not business related, what was their purpose?

You believe the actual evidence on Trump has been underwhelming? You are definitely one of the more reasonable and consistent people on here but that assertion blows my mind to such a degree I think i am misunderstanding what you are saying.

He publicaly asked Russia to hack Dem emails, which they did. His campaign asked that those emails be released within hours of the p**sygrab tape going public, and they were. He told the world he believed Putin and not our own intelligence services on the matter, which was both a lie and a national humiliation.

In the first Impeachment, the primary evidence were his own words asking for dirt for aid.

J6, you don’t feel there is good evidence? The fact that he knowingly lied about election fraud? The fake electors? The pressure on Barr to go along and confirm fraud? The very public pressure on Pence? The fact that he failed to tell his followers to stand down and disperse for nearly three hours?

And the evidence in the Documents case, which is overwhelming, prominently features yet again Trump’s own public statements.

Regarding the actual evidence against Biden, this clip from last night is likely indicative of how the republicans are feeling about their prospects.

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press," Trump said in a July 27, 2016 news conference.

Don't see any mention of hacking there.

J6? Lied about election fraud? Has a full security audit of our voting systems occurred yet? All I've seen is a bunch of political operatives and media make statements without any facts from any security audit. These statements, including from people like Barr, were initially made too close to the election which means it would have been impossible for anyone to know unless real-time surveillance was in place for every election system in the country. For that to be possible would prove that the election systems aren't secure. Could be something, could be nothing, but no one knows so it can't be said that Trump was lying.

The documents case is still in progress, I guess. Kinda fizzled like everything else.

When can just 1 item get settled in criminal court?

WHY would Hunter Biden call his dad, and have him speak to business associates, 20 plus times?

I'm sure the Vice President of the United States has better things to do, than discuss the weather.

It defies common sense.

But I'd like to hear reasonable explanations from Democrats. If these conversations were not business related, what was their purpose?
Mario Kart.

It defies common sense.

This was not your question, but at this point I think the house oversight has taken this investigation as far as it can go. They have established millions were transferred and Biden had conversations with these companies and various shell companies were set up. MOST likely it was in the $40 million range and some went indirectly to Joe, but that can’t be confirmed without a special counsel which is not going to be appointed unless the Republicans take back the White House.

This was not your question, but at this point I think the house oversight has taken this investigation as far as it can go. They have established millions were transferred and Biden had conversations with these companies and various shell companies were set up. MOST likely it was in the $40 million range and some went indirectly to Joe, but that can’t be confirmed without a special counsel which is not going to be appointed unless the Republicans take back the White House.

Absolutely

What is crystal clear is that President Biden was part of the PROCESS with Hunter.

What he said or didn't say is irrelevant.

Contrary to KJP's assertion, Joe absolutely WAS in business with his son. Access or illusion of access, Joe was part of the process.

Absolutely

What is crystal clear is that President Biden was part of the PROCESS with Hunter.

What he said or didn't say is irrelevant.

Contrary to KJP's assertion, Joe absolutely WAS in business with his son. Access or illusion of access, Joe was part of the process.
I don’t think that there is anyone out there suggesting Hunter was not at least in part selling access and the promise of influence. Of course he was. That’s exactly how thousands of people in DC make a very healthy living.

Did Joe contribute to that implied promise by joining calls? Absolutely he did.

But did Joe ever discuss business or policy on any of these calls? According to yesterday’s testimony, no he did not.

Did Joe attempt to change or influence any policy at the behest of Hunter or his clients? There remains no proof of that. The one theory about removing Shokin has been debunked over and over again.

Did Joe receive payments from Hunter’s clients? Yesterday was another frustrating day in Republican efforts to prove that as well and they seem to be conceding they aren’t likely to find it.

So where does that leave us based on what we know today?

DC is sleazy. Hunter is sleazy (though I do remind y’all he is a Georgetown/Yale Law graduate so likely not an idiot). Joe helped his son’s business, but not by doing anything illegal.

Until more damning proof surfaces, how can you draw any other conclusions?

Reactions: shonuff253
I don’t think that there is anyone out there suggesting Hunter was not at least in part selling access and the promise of influence. Of course he was. That’s exactly how thousands of people in DC make a very healthy living.

Did Joe contribute to that implied promise by joining calls? Absolutely he did.

But did Joe ever discuss business or policy on any of these calls? According to yesterday’s testimony, no he did not.

Did Joe attempt to change or influence any policy at the behest of Hunter or his clients? There remains no proof of that. The one theory about removing Shokin has been debunked over and over again.

Did Joe receive payments from Hunter’s clients? Yesterday was another frustrating day in Republican efforts to prove that as well and they seem to be conceding they aren’t likely to find it.

So where does that leave us based on what we know today?

DC is sleazy. Hunter is sleazy (though I do remind y’all he is a Georgetown/Yale Law graduate so likely not an idiot). Joe helped his son’s business, but not by doing anything illegal.

Until more damning proof surfaces, how can you draw any other conclusions?

Illegal or not, Joe Biden was part of Hunter's business,. Whether he discussed business, or not, Joe was part of the process. The administration said he was not, but he was.

Also I think it strains the bounds of common sense to believe he didn't receive payments, for being part of that process. But I agree that will be tough to prove. But there is certainly enough reason to keep looking.

Illegal or not, Joe Biden was part of Hunter's business,. Whether he discussed business, or not, Joe was part of the process. The administration said he was not, but he was.

Also I think it strains the bounds of common sense to believe he didn't receive payments, for being part of that process. But I agree that will be tough to prove. But there is certainly enough reason to keep looking.
So is the crime here that Hunter Biden was seeking business advice from his father?

Did Joe attempt to change or influence any policy at the behest of Hunter or his clients? There remains no proof of that. The one theory about removing Shokin has been debunked over and over again
This is the key point no MAGA or non-MAGA Republican has made on this thread what was the crime that was committed. I'm being legit here, help me understand the laws that we're broken

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT