ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year Roster Breakdown

dawgfan107

National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2011
Great year this year. Hope we come out hungry and motivated to beat FSU. Kirby is giving a shot to win it all every year, and I'd imagine we will make almost every 12 team playoff. Frustrated that we didn't play our best Saturday, but love this team. It's fun to think about next year. Curious the Vent's thoughts on positions and how we measure up.

QB: Beck or Transfer. I personally won't feel overly confident with Stockton, but he is just unproven. Might be wrong here. Excited to see what Bobo does with DR.
RB: Branson Robinson NEEDS to come back 100%. Would love to see a healthy Andrew Paul take a step. I know we have freshman coming in... But I'd love to push on Etienne. Etienne and Robinson would be STRONG.
WR: Lose McConkey (did not have him close to 100% this year), Rosemy, Arian Smith most likely (portal), etc. I bet Rare and Lovett come back. Dillion Bell shows he is a player. Excited by Evans. Need to get 2-3 game changers. But not worried. Plenty of options. Obviously a Burden or an Evan Stewart would be INCREDIBLE.
TE: Delp and Luckie will be very good. No game changers but still probably will be tops in the conference again.
OL: Love our experience we created on the o line this year. Gotta think it's Greene, Morris, Wilson, Fairchild, Freeling (from left to right). More worried about who is backing those guys up. Just don't know how guys are progressing.

DL: Biggest position that needs overall. Wasn't a strength this year AND we lose 3 seniors. No bueno. 2 big swings in the portal would be perfect (Nolan and Kentucky 0 plz). Add in the junior college kid. Let Jordan Hall and Jamaal Jarrett get a full offseason. Excited by what Christen Miller showed this year. Need Mykel to be a star next year.
OLB: Big a weakness for 2 years now since Nolan Smith got hurt. We have added SO much talent in this room. Time for them to develop. Damon Wilson is the top guy in the room. Marvin Jones needs to show he's more than just a solid contributor.
ILB: Are Mondon and Dumas Johnson coming back? I haven't heard anything on them. Feel like Mondon took a step back this year. I know he was hurt at times. CJ Allen and Raylen Wilson are COMING. It hurt to lose Pop late in the season but these stud freshman got great experience.
CB: Everette is back, but do not think his job is guaranteed. I think Humphrey will be one corner. And I wouldn't be shocked to see AJ Harris take someone's job. Does Ellis Robinson show up ready to start?
Star: If Aguero is at safety, not sure who is here.
Safety: Starks will be back and expected to be a STAR. Augero is most likely?
Punter: Thorson. @Anthony Dasher any update on his eligibility? I know that was a question at some point. He was great this year.
Kicker: Woodring was fantastic.

This team hinges on Beck coming back. We need him. Need a few guys to step up like a Branson or Paul. A Christian Miller or Jordan Hall on the DL. Damon Wilson needs to emerge next year after showing flashes. Who steps up in the secondary losing Bullard and Lassiter and Tykee?

Then we need to plug some DL needs bad in the portal. I imagine Kirby will spend big here in NIL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News