ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Notes on Lagonza Hayward

LanceMcCurley

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Aug 14, 2023
Athens, Ga.
Toombs County (GA) 4-star safety Lagonza Hayward told me he will be in Athens for an official visit from May 31-June 2. That’s big, especially because 10 days ago, Georgia wasn’t in the picture until safeties coach Travaris Robinson randomly showed up to his track practice. I think the Bulldogs were slow-playing this one because they weren’t sure on Hayward, but the Lyons, Ga. native impressed Robinson last week. When the staff offered Hayward on Feb. 28, he told me in April they went radio silent on him. So he decided to drop them out of his top list of schools until Robinson’s visit last week. Now, things are beating up as he talks to Robinson “every other day.” Georgia compares him to a “mix of” Javon Bullard and Malaki Starks. Florida State, Florida, and South Carolina were there watching him tonight. FSU is his Hayward’s “dream school.” But when I asked him about that, his response was, “You’re right, FSU is my dream school, but that doesn’t mean I’ll go there. I’ll go where I can get best developed at. That’s what UGA is best at.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News