ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Ny Carr (Updated w/ interview notes)

JedMay

Pillar of the DawgVent
Staff
May 24, 2021
I’m at Ny Carr’s spring game in Moultrie tonight. I’ll post updates here throughout the proceedings.

Update number one: Bryan McClendon is in the house

UPDATE: Just spoke with Carr after the game. He didn’t play in the second half, so y’all didn’t miss anything there.

Biggest takeaway: Carr was effusive in saying he is locked in with Georgia. In multiple ways, in response to several different questions, he emphatically said he was sticking.

You could ask, “What else is he supposed to say?” That would be a fair question. But give Carr’s personality (and he’s got one after spending some time with him), I think he would have been a bit more cryptic or evasive if he was really considering a flip. Long way to go of course, but it looks like Georgia has weathered the storm in the wake of Landen Thomas’ flip.

Carr also gave some good behind the scenes stuff on the recruitment of Raiola. He said once Raiola began FaceTiming the commits more and more, he felt really good about their chances. Carr recalled one conversation where Raiola opened up about his family as an example.

Full story to come at some point in the next day or two! Time to head back to Blackshear before going to see Elijah Griffin in Savannah tomorrow.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News