ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg NY pathology; why is the Derek Jeter mythos so forced?...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
Is it because Yankee fans need him to continue a lineage of Gotham athletes turned demigod? Was there a vacuum of fabled heroes that the city needed so they could lord their superiority over everyone else? It reminds me of all my New Yorker friends who constantly remind me how much better THEIR city is. And while that maybe true, the plea to remind everyone that their culture reins supreme, seems bitch-made to me.

All my NY friends bloviate about their credientials. In the past, my New Yorker friends seemed content with the cock-sured assurance that they rocked a forboding, ever-turgid driftwood in their knee-breeches. Bursting through their threadbare trousers... a ****log that triple-ply polythene couldn't contain as a psychological affect.. a brooding prosthesis that preceded them.

New Yorkers aren't impressive anymore. They are by and large pussies in my travels. They rest on their laurels. They suckle on their own shrivelling tiddy... and their milk is their past. I'm a highschool dropout. Zero formal education sans some community college, which I didn't finish (I've shared this before, not ashamed of it... nor proud of it. It's just naked truth), but I needn't even channel my inner-Benie Mac around them. I ain't scared of these mother****ers.

And as someone who should be bowled over, as a simple born-in-the-briar-patch rube from humble beginnings, who achieved even lesser strata in the American caste, I'm stultifyingly imperturbable when these pussified Big Apple tinhorns posture a bellowed, yet hollowed sack with this codpiece known as the Derrrick Jeters.

Why is NY forcing this idea that Derock Jitras is somehow in the pantheon of Gotham Gods of the past like Ruth, Gehrig, Berra, Dimaggio, Mantle... or even Ford when he's much closer to the Earl Combs and Tony Lasseri?

Actually, I don't need to know why. All I need to know is that New York and New Yorkers lost their edge and that them trying to force Dedonk Deetro into a mythical gentrie with Michael Jordan is stinker of a case, indictment/judgment they brought upon themsleves before the public court... Mark Emmett would be proud. A thickset lump of shit.

Other than that, I enjoyed his ESPN doc. Night y'all. Sweet dreams.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News