ADVERTISEMENT

NYFD says it was disrespectful to boo AG at ceremony, yet

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
It isn’t disrespectful to sit during our country’s National Anthem?

The logic eludes me.

Our country has sent citizens to die to protect our ability to be free and progress forward. Hard working citizens. They gave their lives for us. Their respect is earned.

The NY AG is a political hack who will not convict illegals for the sake of the vote. The NY AG is a political hack that seized a political move to assure her position and financial well being.

Her respect is not earned, it has been purchased by liberal politics.

Booing someone is disrespectful. Not saying you can't do it, but it is rude behavior and certainly qualifies as "disrespectful".

At least the kneelers are being solemn during the anthem. I see a lot of folks standing around and talking during national anthems and that's also disrespectful yet no one says a word to them. But I bet they would be the first to yell at a person kneeling....

Reactions: PotimusWillie
Booing someone is disrespectful. Not saying you can't do it, but it is rude behavior and certainly qualifies as "disrespectful".

At least the kneelers are being solemn during the anthem. I see a lot of folks standing around and talking during national anthems and that's also disrespectful yet no one says a word to them. But I bet they would be the first to yell at a person kneeling....
I totally agree with your point about being respectful. But……

Talking during and protesting during are two different things. And in a way, play off each other. When disrespect is shown by those we look up to, apathy and complacency come into play.

In this situation, the person in charge of helping protect the citizens of our country is grandstanding for approval. This person has shown disregard for the very group she is addressing.

Frustrations come out. Her political stance is numbing.

I will express my opinion openly, but see protest marches as a silly exercise.

When a AG makes decisions to appease political agenda, it is irresponsible.

I totally agree with your point about being respectful. But……

Talking during and protesting during are two different things. And in a way, play off each other. When disrespect is shown by those we look up to, apathy and complacency come into play.

In this situation, the person in charge of helping protect the citizens of our country is grandstanding for approval. This person has shown disregard for the very group she is addressing.

Frustrations come out. Her political stance is numbing.

I will express my opinion openly, but see protest marches as a silly exercise.

When a AG makes decisions to appease political agenda, it is irresponsible.
You and I will agree on the silliness of protest marches. I think there are better actions to take to bring awareness to issues.

But in the memo FDNY basically told fire fighters to boo on their own time, not on company time. I can respect that. Especially if any violated any condition of employment/department regulations. They could not clap or cheer for her....fine....that's one way to do it, but to be openly and outwardly expressive of their view clearly crossed a line.

Just be all Marshawn Lynch about it....."I'm just here so I won't get fined..." And sit quietly...

It isn’t disrespectful to sit during our country’s National Anthem?

The logic eludes me.

Our country has sent citizens to die to protect our ability to be free and progress forward. Hard working citizens. They gave their lives for us. Their respect is earned.

The NY AG is a political hack who will not convict illegals for the sake of the vote. The NY AG is a political hack that seized a political move to assure her position and financial well being.

Her respect is not earned, it has been purchased by liberal politics.
They’re both insanely disrespectful. Duh.

You and I will agree on the silliness of protest marches. I think there are better actions to take to bring awareness to issues.

But in the memo FDNY basically told fire fighters to boo on their own time, not on company time. I can respect that. Especially if any violated any condition of employment/department regulations. They could not clap or cheer for her....fine....that's one way to do it, but to be openly and outwardly expressive of their view clearly crossed a line.

Just be all Marshawn Lynch about it....."I'm just here so I won't get fined..." And sit quietly...
Maybe if a partisan politician hadn't tried to use the fire fighters as props... They owe no allegiance to the NY DA and shouldn't be threatened for booing a lady that is making a mockery of the justice system.

Maybe if a partisan politician hadn't tried to use the fire fighters as props... They owe no allegiance to the NY DA and shouldn't be threatened for booing a lady that is making a mockery of the justice system.
On their own time....I agree.

But when on the clock, sit there with your mouth shut.

If it is against policy, they should be reprimanded. Otherwise, why have rules?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT