ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note Offensive Line recruiting

Ben Bachmann

Choppy
Staff
Sep 19, 2018

After this weekends visits it’s gonna be hard to beat Georgia for 4 star OT Mason Short and 4 star C Cortez Smith. Smith has been a Dawg lean for a long time and don’t know how much longer his recruitment will last. Bama is expected to have a new OL coach next year and obviously a new HC. As our own Jed May reported there’s family members already ok with a flip.

Three other targets Georgia are high on have definitely been impacted by the coaching carousel a bit are David Sanders, Josh Petty, and Juan Gaston. Sanders has been a UGA lean for a bit was high on Alabama and Clemson. Clemson hired Matt Luke as the new OL coach who had never been in communication with Sanders before and Alabama’s new offensive line coach never offered Sanders. Sanders would like to commit in the spring or early summer which will hurt both schools chances of catching Georgia.

Josh Petty recruitment is a bit more open but was high on both schools more so Clemson. Luke and Alabama’s OL coach never offered Petty when he was at Washington. Petty’s recruitment is a 3 horse race right now with Georgia, Tennessee, and Clemson.

Gaston is another recruitment I’d give the edge to Georgia right now. I expect long term Gaston may be a better guard but can man down RT if need be at the college level. Georgia’s biggest challengers Tennessee and South Carolina at this stage. I don’t see Clemson or Alabama becoming credible threats here at this time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News