ADVERTISEMENT

Oh

Wow 750K sounds like a lot but what percentage of that is the total number of borrowers that have had their debt forgiven:

From the Department of Education they say that the total number of debt forgiveness is 4.3M. Now let me see if I can get my GA public math right this time:

750,000÷4,300,000=17.4%

So the tweet you posted is purposely lieing to you by hoping you're stupid enough to only concentrate on the 17.4% making over $314K and not the 82.6% making less. Don't be a sheep and fall for these false tactics.

Wow 750K sounds like a lot but what percentage of that is the total number of borrowers that have had their debt forgiven:

From the Department of Education they say that the total number of debt forgiveness is 4.3M. Now let me see if I can get my GA public math right this time:

750,000÷4,300,000=17.4%

So the tweet you posted is purposely lieing to you by hoping you're stupid enough to only concentrate on the 17.4% making over $314K and not the 82.6% making less. Don't be a sheep and fall for these false tactics.

Your opinion. Buying votes or not with taxpayer money? Nevermind. Of course you think it isn’t buying votes

750,000÷4,300,000=17.4%

You do realize that’s almost 1 out of every 5, right? So almost 20% of those folks are making over $314k and you think that is ok?
JC

You do realize that’s almost 1 out of every 5, right? So almost 20% of those folks are making over $314k and you think that is ok?
JC
But it's way less than 80% right. So does that mean we get it up to 100% than you're OK with student loan forgiveness?

Your opinion. Buying votes or not with taxpayer money? Nevermind. Of course you think it isn’t buying votes
And what do you call tax cuts where the top 10% receive 85% of the benifit? Is that buying votes of the wealthy?

Reactions: willdup
The IRS looks at every penny you make. How hard can it be? No, I’m not ok with 80%. That’s the epitome of “government work”. You and I deserve better work than that.
JC
So you want 100% loan forgiveness for those that make less than $312k a year...I'm OK with that.

Smart investing. Also, the top 10% pay roughly 75% of the income tax bill so it seems like that is the group that deserves a break.
No not at all. Are the top 10% responsible for the lions share of work being accomplished in America?

It's amazing the same people that complain about the common man being left behind will also advocate for the wealthy to get wealthier. Make it make sense!

Last edited:
Reactions: mitchelldawg
So you want 100% loan forgiveness for those that make less than $312k a year...I'm OK with that.
Great job @shonuff243! You should be a politician! No, that’s not what I said at all! That’s also not what started the conversation. But way to spin it - I’ll give you props for that!
FWIW, myself and my wife had student loans coming out of school. I signed a paper stating exactly how much I would owe at graduation. Thankfully, we were both intelligent enough to choose fields that made repayment very worth the investment. My daughter is a year away from graduating and will have about $100k in student loan debt. Thankfully she chose a profession that should start her about $200k/yr. She also signed paperwork detailing exactly what she would owe and her approximate monthly payment.
It’s not brain surgery. You know exactly what you are signing up for at the beginning. Poor choices develop wisdom, which develops better choices. Being bailed out of poor choices reinforces nothing but - more poor choices.
JC

No not at all. Are the top 10% reasonable for lions share of work being accomplished in America?

It's amazing the same people that complain about the common man being left behind will also advocate for the wealthy to get wealthier. Make it make sense!
So, let's say Mr. Widget has an idea for the greatest mousetrap ever. He starts producing his Widget Mousetraps in his garage, has some success and moves to a small industrial facility and the next thing you know he's picked up a contract with Walmart. His company is growing but now, he's seeing about 30% of all of his revenue being eaten up by state, local and federal taxes along user fees and other embedded taxes in the cost of his supplies.

I'd say that Mr. Ten Percent is responsible for more work getting done than he is costing government and he's also creating net tax payers rather than leaving those people at home to be net tax burdens. Imo, it's much better to leave as much money in his hands as possible so he can continue creating new tax payers rather than to give that money to government so they can give 10K tax refunds to people that had a 2K total tax bill. You see, the "common man" is MUCH better off when the entrepreneur has more money to invest in job producing projects than when central government takes that money, siphons off their cut and then gives it away to their favorite projects that usually fail.

My solution is take the total cost of government, divide it by the total number of adults in the U.S. and send each American a bill for their share. At that point, you'd start seeing pork getting cut like never before.

Great job @shonuff243! You should be a politician! No, that’s not what I said at all! That’s also not what started the conversation. But way to spin it - I’ll give you props for that!
FWIW, myself and my wife had student loans coming out of school. I signed a paper stating exactly how much I would owe at graduation. Thankfully, we were both intelligent enough to choose fields that made repayment very worth the investment. My daughter is a year away from graduating and will have about $100k in student loan debt. Thankfully she chose a profession that should start her about $200k/yr. She also signed paperwork detailing exactly what she would owe and her approximate monthly payment.
It’s not brain surgery. You know exactly what you are signing up for at the beginning. Poor choices develop wisdom, which develops better choices. Being bailed out of poor choices reinforces nothing but - more poor choices.
JC
The problem is the cost of college has put paced earnings. So yes you could work a bartending job and still pay for school...you ain't working a bartending and paying for UGA. And I'm glad your daughter choice a well paying degree but there are only so many jobs that pay that amount.

So, let's say Mr. Widget has an idea for the greatest mousetrap ever. He starts producing his Widget Mousetraps in his garage, has some success and moves to a small industrial facility and the next thing you know he's picked up a contract with Walmart. His company is growing but now, he's seeing about 30% of all of his revenue being eaten up by state, local and federal taxes along user fees and other embedded taxes in the cost of his supplies.

I'd say that Mr. Ten Percent is responsible for more work getting done than he is costing government and he's also creating net tax payers rather than leaving those people at home to be net tax burdens. Imo, it's much better to leave as much money in his hands as possible so he can continue creating new tax payers rather than to give that money to government so they can give 10K tax refunds to people that had a 2K total tax bill. You see, the "common man" is MUCH better off when the entrepreneur has more money to invest in job producing projects than when central government takes that money, siphons off their cut and then gives it away to their favorite projects that usually fail.

My solution is take the total cost of government, divide it by the total number of adults in the U.S. and send each American a bill for their share. At that point, you'd start seeing pork getting cut like never before.
That trickle down economics fantasy has NEVER shown to work. The Trump tax cuts have shown tax cuts for the wealthy don't work. Why not give a tax cut to the middle class?

They just write it off!!!!!

No big deal it just evaporates like a fart on the wind

That trickle down economics fantasy has NEVER shown to work. The Trump tax cuts have shown tax cuts for the wealthy don't work. Why not give a tax cut to the middle class?
It damn sure works better than giving people enough money to exist on while also deciding to make it almost impossible for them to get off the dole once they start accepting money for nothing. And wth are you talking about. Before the little tyrant Fauci decided to shut down the country Trumps economy was booming and wages were rising, not because the government said they had to rise but because of the demand for skilled workers.

And if you want a middle class tax cut, Trump is your guy.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance...enefited-middle-working-class-americans-most/

The problem is the cost of college has put paced earnings. So yes you could work a bartending job and still pay for school...you ain't working a bartending and paying for UGA. And I'm glad your daughter choice a well paying degree but there are only so many jobs that pay that amount.
I agree with you about the cost of college. But where we disagree is being responsible for your own decisions. You signed a paper that very specifically outlined how much you would owe. If you were not smart enough to at least inquire about your earning potential with said degree - I think that 100% falls on you. But I bet you won’t let your kids make the same mistake!
I would be in favor of making the loans interest free with some stipulation about keeping up with baseline payments.
JC

It damn sure works better than giving people enough money to exist on while also deciding to make it almost impossible for them to get off the dole once they start accepting money for nothing. And wth are you talking about. Before the little tyrant Fauci decided to shut down the country Trumps economy was booming and wages were rising, not because the government said they had to rise but because of the demand for skilled workers.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance...enefited-middle-working-class-americans-most/
"Trump Administration officials claimed their centerpiece corporate tax rate cut would “very conservatively” lead to a $4,000 boost in household income. New research shows that workers who earned less than about $114,000 on average in 2016 saw “no change in earnings” from the corporate tax rate cut, while top executive salaries increased sharply.Similarly, rigorous research concluded that the tax law’s 20 percent pass-through deduction, which was skewed in favor of wealthy business owners, has largely failed to trickle down to workers in those companies who aren’t owners. Like the Bush tax cuts before it, the 2017 Trump tax cut was a trickle-down failure"

• Haha
Reactions: Athens is Heaven

For one that article is from 2021....for another remember anyone complaining about their taxes this year....that's the Trump tax cuts.

"Trump Administration officials claimed their centerpiece corporate tax rate cut would “very conservatively” lead to a $4,000 boost in household income. New research shows that workers who earned less than about $114,000 on average in 2016 saw “no change in earnings” from the corporate tax rate cut, while top executive salaries increased sharply.Similarly, rigorous research concluded that the tax law’s 20 percent pass-through deduction, which was skewed in favor of wealthy business owners, has largely failed to trickle down to workers in those companies who aren’t owners. Like the Bush tax cuts before it, the 2017 Trump tax cut was a trickle-down failure"

Tax cuts are never a failure.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
The federal government has proven itself over and over that they are not good stewards of OUR tax dollars. Anytime OUR taxes are lowered its a good thing.
Right?

Screen-Shot-2018-10-31-at-1.36.10-PM-e1541007441807.png

Reactions: shonuff253
The federal governemnt should

Take our taxes
Fund the military
Protect the nations borders
Help poor folks with medical care
And shut the fvck up and stay outta peoples lives

Just my opinion

The federal governemnt should

Take our taxes
Fund the military
Protect the nations borders
Help poor folks with medical care
And shut the fvck up and stay outta peoples lives

Just my opinion
Why did you throw medical care in there?

Why did you throw medical care in there?
Because I believe basic medical care for those that need help with it can be provided by the federal government

Basic can be for anyone but I think we can and should help those that need help with it

Reactions: shonuff253
Because I believe basic medical care for those that need help with it can be provided by the federal government

Basic can be for anyone but I think we can and should help those that need help with it
What about education?

Also just so you know I agree with you on healthcare.

Reactions: Don Ellis

750,000÷4,300,000=17.4%

what a joke

What about education?
Limited how it used to be

When the federal government went all in, in the student loan game it turned to shit

I understand the premise of “everyone should have a chance to go to college”, I hear ya, it sounds great to say and to hear, but 15-20 years later and here we are.

Not much sympathy from me in the student loan topic of politics

JC
Right? I was confused by his argument because my quick math was 20 percentish. Surely he was trying to point out that only 1 in a million accidentally slipped through the cracks. No - just confidently saying that something really troubling is okay because it is “only 20 percent”. Truth is that 100 percent of these loans forgiven is a shameful direct attempt to buy votes but 1 in 5 going to folks who could clearly do it themselves makes it shameful on steroids.

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT