ADVERTISEMENT

Ok grilling questions.........Any one grilled boneless beef short ribs before?.....

I'm looking for a good recipe or advice. Thanks

I discovered the last couple of months, after many years of sometimes having dry ribs (no, I don't have a BGE) in putting those in crockpot for a couple of hours on high, then throwing on the grill. They are awesome and tender. Don't see why it wouldn't work for beef short ribs although, I'd think about an hour longer in crockpot would be necessary due to the thickness. With the babybacks, they are almost done after 2 hrs but not falling off the bone yet, so easy to work with on the grill and results are awesome.

Cool thanks for the advice Lump. I was thinking about putting them either in the crockpot or oven. Have you or anyone ever first smoked the ribs and then finished them off in the oven? Do the ribs keep their smokey flavor?

No, never tried that. I would think they would lose some flavor. But that's a guess. I've put pork roast or butt in crockpot too and finished off in aluminum foil on grill. (with holes poked) That's good too.

Good luck with whatever you do.

PS: ONLY use about half cup of water in crockpot if you decide to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT