ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, I'm sure some will say I'm crazy but...

16Dawg

National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2006
With how this wound up today, the committee has to do something unusual/uncomfortable. They either have to:

1) Leave out an undefeated, conf champ FSU, never been done
2) Leave out the SEC, never been done
or
3) Put in AL over TX even though TX beat them head to head.

The only way to avoid all of these is to put in FSU and then say that, among UGA, AL and TX, the team with the best overall resume is UGA. If they can't put in AL over TX, and don't want to leave out the SEC, there's only one way.

And if they decide to leave FSU out, then they would clearly be saying "we're putting in the best four teams" and by leaving FSU out, they could put TX in and then, while Bama has the head to head with us, we have the better overall resume and were #1, while they were #8. So they could say, the best 4 teams overall are MI, WA, TX and UGA. They could also obviously go with Bama as the fourth team, but if they take the dramatic step of leaving FSU out, then they have devalued the conference championship, and it wouldn't be a stretch to say, UGA is still better than Bama.

Go ahead and call me a dreamer, guilty! But moreso, the thought of the uproar from Bama would be epic!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News