ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note On a trio of portal targets

Ben Bachmann

Choppy
Staff
Sep 19, 2018

If I had a futurecast on portal targets I would predict Rara Thomas, Dominic Lovett, and Deyon Bouie to Georgia right now. Dominic Lovett is the one I may have the least confidence in but Georgia has a lot of momentum at the moment. The belief early was that it require a big NIL deal to land him but that may not be the case anymore. Georgia is doing a great job so far on his visit. Tennessee, Texas, and others are pursuing.

Rara Thomas ending up in Athens is looking better and better. I’m curious if he ends up visiting Auburn this weekend or not but this should be his last visit if he takes it before he announces. Georgia still holds the momentum coming off a strong multi day visit. Ole Miss and Auburn are the other players.

Deyon Bouie coming back to Georgia is inevitable at this point. Expect him to play DB at UGA whether it’s CB, STAR, or S most likely STAR. Those close to Bouie want him closer to home in a better a culture. The only other school with any chance is Colorado due to the Nick Williams relationship and Deion angle but that likely won’t be enough.

If a portal RB that’s good enough or Edge rusher good enough hits the portal I can see Georgia pursuing more guys out of the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News