ADVERTISEMENT

On the program

kensingtondawg1

National Champion
Gold Member
Apr 29, 2016
For folks who are calling for Stricklin’s head, I would ask that you observe the commitment our counterparts in the SEC are making to baseball and what makes you think this program has the “all in” from the administration to compete for a College World Series year in and year out.

The fact we have exceeded expectations and received a Top 8 National Seed for two consecutive seasons is a masterful job in and of itself.

Sure this weekend sucked, and I thought this team was built to not only make it to Omaha but to make a run at the whole thing.

I have made it known in this forum that I would not have retained Stricklin after Year 4. The decision was made to do so, and we have been rewarded with back to back great seasons.

No one is firing a baseball coach after back to back seasons of National Seeds, which BTW has never happened before in the history of the program. We all would have gladly taken the last two seasons after being in the doldrums as a program from 2010-2017.

Georgia Athletics gets what it put into things. They are “all in” on football, and I think we can all agree that decision is paying off.

This Administration treats baseball like it’s a budget problem. We have the smallest or one of the smallest stadiums in the SEC. Our player facilities are near the bottom of the league. The current AD refuses to think outside of the box to build or create a first class baseball complex for the players and fans. He refuses to market the program with stand-alone logos and other avenues like the other league schools. Again, you get what you put into it.

I hope many of you will watch the FSU-LSU series at Alex Box this weekend. You will get a first land look at baseball commitment at the highest level. I haven’t been fortunate to travel to a lot of the college parks in the Southeast, but I have been to South Carolina and “night and day” is far too kind comparison with Foley.

There is arguably no other sports program at UGA that has the potential for elite success like baseball. The talent in-state is through the roof, and so many of these kids grow up Dawgs. However, if the Administration doesn’t see it or care, the. there is a ceiling on the program.

It’s also a good to see so many upset about the outcome this weekend. I hope the outrage and support will turn into some contributions to the Georgia Baseball fund. Maybe that will be a beginning of an awakening with the powers that be at Butts-Mehre.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News