ADVERTISEMENT

Overreactions aren't helping the cause...

HacksawDawg

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2001
Look at Kirby's classes at UGA and the percentage of each class who had previously committed elsewhere and we later flipped to UGA. Nobody flips more kids than we do, and it's because we don't pitch a fit when they commit to another school and simply stay after them relentlessly. Our staff is consistent and they finish.

Haynes committing to Bama in July is a hell of a lot better than in December. December is a long ways away. Read the commitment article - Saban and Gillespie were caught perhaps even more off guard by this than our own staff. Nobody saw this coming. A recruiter as skilled and experienced as Saban doesn't get shocked often. Neither does Kirby. They both were on this one. I almost took Saban's reaction as skepticism that he's being played.

Blayne got contacted about making a UGA commitment video within the last couple weeks, and yesterday we finished third behind Ohio State? They told our staff in the last week all was good? Nope, sorry - none of that adds up.

I don't know the story (neither do you, so enough with NIL bullshit), but I do know the current one doesn't add up. I keep going back to a comment made in an article or by one of the staff here recently about wanting to make UGA "work for it." I'd expect more fanfare than a fairly brief commitment to Bama on a random Sunday afternoon. Not his style. I'm just saying.

Let Dell and Kirby do their work. UGA has done everything right. Let's uncover the real story here and close him by December.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News