ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer Request Please pray for our youngest son UPDATED

GADAWGinIraq

McLovin - aspiring eschatologist
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2010
As some of you know, our youngest son, Tristan, is 24 but he is perpetually 7 due to his autism. Unfortunately Tristan also has epilepsy since 2008. Today he had a horrible grand mal seizure which he was not coming out of. My wife used the rescue drug diastat to bring him out of the seizure and called 911. They've arrived at the hospital in Winston-Salem and we just ask for your thoughts and prayers for Tristan. Thanks everyone.

Jack

UPDATE: 1125pm Prayers answered! You all are so amazing and we are so touched by your thoughts and prayers. The diastat seems to have done the job. It knocked his oxygen levels down so they had him on oxygen but did not have to resort to other meds. He has been discharged and is now safely at home and resting (watching HGTV as he does every night lol). It is the worst seizure he's ever had (they started in 2008). At about 10 minutes my wife administered the diastat, which is the first time we've had to resort to a rescue medication. We're very thankful we had it.

Next step will be seeing his neurologist at Duke... again, but unfortunately his epilepsy has been refractory. However, we are ever hopeful for some control one day. There's some new promising studies relating seizures with high uric acid. My wife told the E.R. doc about these and he said he would test Tristan's. His level came back very high at a 12.5 which concerned the doctors. We're working on those levels now and trying to track them to see if there's any pattern with his seizures.

Again, a heartfelt thank you to everyone. This place is a truly amazing community and I'm blessed to be a part of it. God bless you all.

Also, I mistakenly said 24 in my original post. Tristan is 23 but he turns 24 on Thursday, the 19th.

Jack

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News