ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: daylight saving time?

What is you opinion on what we should do about daylight saving time?

• Stay on daylight saving time permanently(fall back and stay there)

• Stay on standard time all the time(spring forward and stay there)

• Keep changing your clocks every 6 months.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hate it. I do like more sunshine in the evening though. I say since it just changed leave it here and be done with it.

Reactions: EufaulaDawg
My main preference would be pick one and leave it. If I was the one making the decision, I'd keep it on standard time because I absolutely hate the idea of getting elementary age kids up in the middle of the night for school and then making them stand on the side of the road before the sun comes up to catch the bus. When I was raising my children I drove from Canton to Cartersville on hwy 20 and I always thought it was foolish to run school buses all over that road with no natural light.

Spring forward (in March) puts us on Daylight saving time (DST). Fall back (in November) puts us on Standard time. So we're on DST for 8 months a year and standard for 4.

I chose the 3rd option - keep it the way it is. It's a compromise that avoids having the sun come up really early during the summer and really late during the winter. And it's only a measly one hour change twice a year. It's not like we're having to do this every 2-3 months and changing the clock by 6 hours like we're traveling to Europe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT