ADVERTISEMENT

Postgame Analysis - Vs. Bucknell

504noladawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2017
It’s so freaking fun getting W’s. Man, I love it and I don’t take it for granted.

Player Analysis
We have said it before but this is most definitely Terry Robert’s team. 20 points and 9 boards from your point guard and 6 assists. Man that’s just fantastic. It is painful when we take him out of the game. I know he has some turnovers but we would be lost as could be without that guy. He changes everything for our squad.

But I want to focus on the others. Man, freaking Jabri Abdur-Rahim. Our offense was unbelievably stagnant in the first half and he comes in and gets two offense boards and gets fouled and hits four free throws. Huge plays and huge points when we needed something, anything at that time to get us some points. And then he kept it rolling in the 2nd half finishing with ten points.

Etter - This is how you play after getting a scholly! Couple of huge threes and charges. 8 clutch points.

Anselem - I have been tough on you big fella but you played ball tonight! 8 huge points and some gritty D at times.

Holt - how does a guy get to play 31 minutes but yet only score you three points? That’s because you guard folks like white on rice and don’t back from NO ONE. Kid had 6 boards and is a constant spark plug. ELITE defender or at least will be soon. We got a steal with that kid coming here.

Game Analysis
The game shifted once in the first half and once in the second for uga. Our offense was so horrible at the start of the game. Then about 8 minutes in, we went to full court press and that got us some energy. Still wasn’t great but it was a good move by coach. Lindsay was absolutely the only thing we had going inside. And that wasn’t a ton either .

2nd half that 1-3-1 trap defense by us changed the momentum. Jabri was hard for them to deal with, with his length. We had three threes in a row by Jabri, Roberts, and Etter and that was pretty much a rap. That 1-3-1 trap sparked all that. Great coaching.

These guys fight like crazy. I love it.

Questions going forward
1. When White takes you out of the game, you might not make it back in 😂. Is this normal for him? Kario sat almost the whole 2nd half last game. Bridges only played 4 minutes tonight. Lindsay sat for forever in the 2nd half (I know he got hit in the mouth, but he returned at the end). Jabri barely plays last game and loads up on minutes tonight. I agree will all those moves, except for maybe sitting Lindsay so long. But it’s just kinda unique. He seems to stay with you on the bench or stay with you in the game for long stretches. We barely saw McBride in the second half and he came out cooking to start the game.

2. Can Moncrieffe stay healthy? We could really use that guy we saw in the first half of game 1 before he went down. That guy was not present this game in the 1st half. He looked uncomfortable out there. Hope he gets healthy and aggressive again.

Fantastic W. Go Dawgs!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.