ADVERTISEMENT

Potential massive solution. Could/Should the CFB season start a month earlier? And if not, why?

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
Yes. I know summer is hot.

The dates of the portal and eNSD are where they are because most players enroll early. That isn't going away (well, maybe eNSD, but players are still entolling early and those dates can't change). The chaos of postseason, the portal, NIL bidding wars happening simultaneously, are taking years off of the lives of coaches. And when some of these ideas were set in motion, they were about making things easier and didn't further complicate things the way they do now.

The most important reason why I think there needs to be some buffers here are for the kids out of HS. The first portal window needs to be opened for about three weeks before kids sign. The portal being open when it is, isn't fair to kids who are signing early, because RIGHT AFTER they sign, they are being recruited-over, by portal players. And nobody can predict the chaos of the portal. The portal needs to be open for about three weeks, then the HS kids need a week to solidify their decisions. The playoffs could be done by the second week of December. Hell. The only reason bowls started this late in the beginning is because it took a long time to get tickets situated. Not an issue now.

Take care of the season during this time. Then the coaching carousel, player movement and Christmas can be handled with far less stress. Plus, CFB won't have to compete with the NFL as much. More wins here than losses.

Also, here is my postseason solution that was received half-heartedly. LOL.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News