ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer Request Prayers for Grandpa in Hospital

dawg418

National Champion
Gold Member
Mar 31, 2021
Growing up, my dad worked 6 10s out of town for years, so while he’s a fantastic dad, he was gone a lot. His dad, my Pappa lives 15 minutes away, and helped out a ton all my life. He has always been more like a second dad to me. There is no one in this world I look up to more than him.

About 6 months ago, he fell and broke his right arm to pieces, and it put him in the hospital. It basically was the catalyst that left him in a wheel chair, forcing us to put him and my grandma in a retirement home. My dad is an only child, and there isnt much family around to help out, so it was the best solution for us to get them the help they need, and let them continue living together. Until about a month ago, he and my grandma were adjusting very well. Now his his kidney’s are struggling, his gallbladder became infected, and he has pneumonia. He’s in the hospital, and they tried to remove the gallbladder today, but they had to abort the surgery after his blood pressure dropped. He’s on a ventilator, and stable now. Doctors are optimistic that they can get him off it in 48 hours if the kidneys can function well and oxygen levels stay where they need to be. But, that still leaves all the issues needing to be solved. We’re trying to stay optimistic, but truth is that he’s in rough shape. Any prayers y’all can say for him and for our family would be immensely appreciated right now. Thanks

Update: We almost lost him, and it really didnt look good for a while after that, but the old man is tough as boot leather because he is doing a lot better. He’s off the vent, and has beat the pnuemonia, and the gallbladder infection is under control. He’s ready to get out of the hospital, and is going to get discharged to rehab for a while until they can remove the gallbladder in 6ish weeks hopefully. My entire family and I thank everyone that prayed from the bottom of our hearts. The Lord is good, and I have no doubt the prayers helped.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News