ADVERTISEMENT

Probably going to catch a lot of flack for asking this question, but I can't take it anymore.

TylerSimmonsOnside

BBQ and Booze
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2018
@Bulldog Bob @cassiegracesdad @jasonsDawg @Radi Nabulsi @Anthony Dasher @SeahorseCaptain or any other person in the know I have missed. Has this game against Bama been an eye opener for Kirby, or is he planning on doing the same thing the next time we play a competent offense?

I know nothing that goes on inside of the program, but from what I have been able to piece together on this board it really does seem Kirby is willing to die on this hill. Every time we play a talented offense we shit the bed. We usually try something "cute" like rushing three and dropping 8 vs LSU, or this garbage box scheme we brought out against Bama on Saturday night in the first half. Arrogance is fine when it is backed up by results and going 12-0 in the regular season is for sure a great accomplishment. However these continued piss poor performances against good offensive teams has to stop. Our boys looked completely lost Saturday night. I just can not figure out how we continue to get absolutely boat raced by teams that have good receivers/QBs. Was AA19 really the only OLB we have recruited that is fast enough to run down a QB? Young is not that fast, but at times he had our guys looking like they were running in mud. In years past I would be absolutely devastated over what happened Saturday night, but I almost found myself laughing at our stupidity. We somehow left their best player completely uncovered! It was like watching a grown adult in a fist fight with a toddler. We made this Bama squad look as good if not better than last years. A team that could very well have 3-4 losses and Outback bowl berth. I do believe we can turn it around and win the natty this year, but we have some BIG improvements and changes we need to make before that is possible. I will step off of my soap box now and await my lashing from the Disney Dawgs sorry for the long post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News