ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Quick recruiting notes after official visits

Blayne Gilmer

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2020
Let's get right to it.

Hykeem Williams is the receiver from this past weekend that Georgia has the best chance of signing. That Texas A&M stuff came out of nowhere a while back. Georgia had momentum in the past and UGASports was told it recaptured a lot of that in this official visit weekend. The young man had a fine time in Athens.

H. Williams, T. Williams, Evans, and Hale are the main four that Georgia is trying to close on at this point.

Aidan Mizell is likely headed to Florida, there are family ties there. Have not heard as much about Malik Benson at this point. Still visits in the SEC for the JUCO WR to take.

Georgia is very much so in things for Whit Weeks. I've got a full article coming out later on today, but this is not a foregone conclusion to LSU. His dad is a Georgia alumni, but Georgia did a good job on the visit of almost distancing itself from that and making sure Weeks knows that it wants him purely based on him. Weeks seems truly torn on where he will end up. All of his visits are done and it's going to come down to a 'gut feeling' sometime next month. (Weeks is vastly underrated in my opinion)

Olaus Alinen is a character that kept coming up in conversations with recruits and sources over the weekend. The young man from Finland is living life to the fullest and brightens up a room when he walks in UGASports is told. Alinen and Arch Manning both visited Alabama last weekend and really seemed to form a bond. Georgia wants Alinen as part of the 2023 class and adding as many big, talented offensive linemen as early in this recruiting cycle as possible certainly doesn't hurt quarterback recruiting.

I thought Georgia sat in a great spot with Daniel Harris going into this weekend. Still feel that way coming out of it. This Georgia defensive back class is going to be very, very good. Only a year after signing what many consider to be the best UGA defensive back haul ever in the Class of 2022.

Georgia continues to strike the right tone with Qua Russaw and James Smith. Kirby and Schumann just know how to recruit guys from the state of Alabama. Chidera Uzo-Diribe is showing off this recruiting prowess here as well. I'll have a full story on Russaw later on as well. That recruitment in particular is not about the bright lights and all the craziness. It's about a tremendous work ethic and results. Kirby knows how to speak that language and does so with sincerity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News