ADVERTISEMENT

***WAR ROOM*** Recruiting Notes 11-16

Blayne Gilmer

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2020

Have been told by a source that it seems to be "a matter of when not if" on Evans flipping. Would be huge for Georgia as Evans has shown much growth as a route runner in his senior year. Not just a bullet train on a rail up the sideline. Also, what wide receiver puts together a 97-second highlight video of their blocks? Sounds like the kind of guy Kirby wants to me.

Still feel that Deandre Moore will end up somewhere other than Louisville. Georgia and Texas are the two contenders. If this comes down to the quality of relationships then Kirby, McClendon, and David Hill will win out. Moore basically admitted the performance Texas put on display during his visit this past weekend was pathetic in a recent interview with Adam Gorney. Yet, Sark is quite the salesman. I'm told Georgia is confident, but not as much so as it is with Evans.

After flirting with a commitment for months and waffling back and forth between Georgia and Ohio State, Wilson appears to be content to take this recruitment all the way down to the early signing period now. Georgia feels great about the fact that their in-home visit is still ahead for Kirby Smart and Chidera Uzo-Diribe. Wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson back on campus one more time in December, either. That would be huge.

Continue to hear how well things are going for Georgia in the recruitment of Bolden. Sources on both sides of the equation here are confident that Georgia is doing what it needs to not only be a strong contender but begin to separate from the pack. No decision is imminent as the 2024 two-way standout has a lot of visits left to take and a lot of time to do so. However, based on what we at UGASports are hearing, if this ended today, it would be Georgia.

Overall Note: Georgia is going to finish strong in the Class of 2023. If just one of the couple of high-profile flips that we are being told are more likely to happen than not transpires, combined with the multiple 4 & 5-stars that Georgia leads for, then I still feel the No. 1 class is a possibility. At worst, I believe 2023 finished Top 3 for Georgia. Also, seeing up to 28 signed in this class would not be shocking. Georgia's CFP runs skew the portal for them a little. Not sure what players are jumping in with a chance to win another national championship and be a part of that experience. Yes, even if they aren't playing as much as they'd like right now. It does seem that Georgia will take some portal players this offseason, but it will be very strategic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News