ADVERTISEMENT

***WAR ROOM*** Recruiting Notes 3/27

Blayne Gilmer

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2020

On December 17 when Dylan Raiola decommitted from Ohio State, many around the country thought it a foregone conclusion that he would "be committed to Nebraska within a week".

Here at UGASports, we know the old adage about the word assume, so we decided to check with trusted sources instead. From the beginning of Raiola recruitment 2.0, UGA has felt very confident in pursuing Raiola. Layers of relationships already existed and Georgia was the team that Ohio State beat out the first go around (hey, at least the Buckeye fans can somewhat hold on to that on cold nights right?).

After these spring visits, and this last one to Nebraska, I don't believe anything has changed. I do believe that the USC Trojans entered into the picture and made this recruitment a 50/50 battle. However, as of today, I believe that Georgia has placed itself in an enviable position in this recruitment from a standpoint of relationships, culture, winning, and opportunity. It will be interesting to see what other visits actually get taken now with an OV to Georgia on the books for a loaded June 2 - 4 weekend. Will be especially interesting to see if USC gets another visit. None others matter at this point. Whatever happens this time around, I know that it will have been well thought out and final this time around for the nation's top QB prospect.

If Georgia wants in on this recruitment bad enough, it has a tremendous shot. McGee is working on a growing relationship here. Frazier is very intrigued by Georgia and is looking forward to visiting. I'll have a full story on him later today. Frazier runs track so finding visit dates in the spring is tough. He's not going to rush a decision. Unless Georgia blows things out of the water for Jerrick Gibson on his OV, which I'm not even sure NIL-wise it will have the ability to do what Texas is going to in that recruitment, then I think you're looking at the 2nd RB in this class coming from a mix of Frazier, Clark, or Bowens.

A Name To Lookout For

Konanbanny plays for Rabun Gap. He has long arms, is probably closer to 6-foot-3, and has legit 4.5 speed. I know that the player I'm about to compare him to was faster, but Konanbanny gave me Tyson Campbell vibes when I went and watched him in person last year. Jadyn Davis, Chris Peal, and David Sanders were playing in that game and Konanbanny was the guy who caught my eye that I wasn't expecting.

He's received offers from North Carolina, Michigan, and Tennessee lately. Konanbanny has visited Georgia. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Dawgs get involved here soon.

WR Trends

It's been no secret here on UGASports that prospects like Jeremiah Smith, Jojo Trader, and Ryan Wingo are eyeing Raiola's recruitment closely. Raiola and Wingo spent even more time together this weekend in Lincoln and I don't believe the Huskers were on the forefront of their minds. Should Raiola indeed become a Dawg, two 5-Star wideouts in this class is a very real possibility. In fact, I believe things are trending right now towards Georgia having at least three wideout commits ranked in the top 50 overall prospects in the Class of 2024 before all is said and done.

Also, criminally underrated and ranked at this moment, Cameron Coleman is a name to know. From the same high school as Jackson Meeks and AJ Harris.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News